Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • X Fusion Sweep RL2?
  • scotroutes

Just looking around at forks for a possible new bike project (think Trail/AM hardtail) and these pop up as a suitable 27.5″/130mm option. I really don’t know anything about them so some feedback would be handy.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I’ve got some, used to run them at 160mm on a full suss, then stuck some spacers in there to reduce them to 140mm to run on my hardtail.

A good no nonsense fork, haven’t required much looking after so far, not quite as plush and nice as the new fox 34 i’ve got but can’t go wrong for the price tbh.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’ve had mine since Feb’14, set at 160 on my Bandit. Great forks, one warranty issue fixed promptly. They are a simple fork but I have no complaints (although I do fancy the Roughcut damper). Internal travel adjust means they are pretty future proof. Seem to be very cheap secondhand.

razorrazoo

Pretty much as outlined above. I’ve had some on my bike for about 18 months. Zero problems, simple to set up and just work, I’m not a fettler so less settings are OK for me. Running at 160mm and sit up well in travel, don’t dive, feel plush etc (if you can get the Roughcut damper models I’ve heard these are even better). If I had the money I’d get Pikes as they are all black and would compliment the Monarch I’ve just bought for the back, but I don’t ‘need’ them (and I don’t have the money). Unless you can get an unbelievable deal on a topline fork (2015+ Fox Factory 34/6, Pike etc) these are going to give you the best bang for your buck.

transition1
    Free Member

I had a set found they were good but did dive a bit on braking! Not 100% sure can run at 130mm travel they are 160mm travel forks & when I stripped to service noticed you lower them in 20mm increments ie 160, 140 & 120mm

carlphillips
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some 2nd hand sweeps off of here with the roughcut damper..in a word amazing.

superfli
    Free Member

I just bought a set of these at a bargain £255 in bird sale. I’m a big fan of xfusion forks after my old vengeance hlr (2012-2014). Best feeling fork I have used. Mate rates his 29er version so I couldn’t resist.
    Lack of comp damping worries me, but can always upgrade to rough cut

billyboy
    Free Member

I’ve got a Slide and a Trace, both RL2s. No complaints here. The Trace is one of the better forks I’ve ever owned.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion Sweep RL2?’ is closed to new replies.