Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • X-Fusion Hilo
  • NormalMan

I am thinking of getting one of these for my steel HT and would like some feedback from those who have them or tried them.

Is there much play in them? (lateral movement)

Not that it should make a difference but I will be using it without the remote.

Thanks.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Hardly any movement on mine. It’s not the lightest but it’s well built. Hasn’t let me down yet. I like it.

mintimperial

I’ve got a 100mm travel 27.2mm remote one. It’s not at all bad, but it’s not as good as the RS Reverb. No lateral play in mine so far but I’ve only had it a couple of weeks. The action is quite stiff and a bit squeaky, and it requires a lot of weight on it to reach full compression. The remote is very stiff too, although you’ll not have that issue. You’ll probably need to top up the air when you get it or it won’t return to full height (25 psi, hold the lever open when you do it). Put some carbon assembly compound on the saddle clamp, or it’ll move when you’re sitting on it.

So: it’s not perfect, but it’s much better than not having one. 🙂

rockhopper70

I have one and it seem ok for now.
    There is a bit of wiggle when it is up but this seems to disappear when it is dropped. Nice smooth action with the non-remote version.
    Anyone else posting here managed to get an aftermarket boot for it? Worried about the winter gloop damaging it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Innertube with lots of nice silicon (fork juice in my case) sprayed inside the tube.

Mate has used this on his Joplin for years and had no issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion Hilo’ is closed to new replies.