Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • X Fusion Forks
  • Gordymac
    Free Member

As a long time Rockshox user I have no idea how X fusion forks compare but I’m putting together a 27.5 build and the Sweep seems like a good choice.
    Anyone have any x fusion experiences they would like to share?

donks
    Free Member

just purchased a set of velvets from ..ahemm.. pinkbike, and there well up there with rockshox. Light, well made and very smooth, ive no complaints so far.

wiggles
    Free Member

had slants a few months and are great forks for the money.

superfli
    Free Member

Been using Vengeance HLR for a couple of years now on the FS. Have been faultless and very plush. Damping is superb and all components seem extremely well made. I service the lowers once a year and havent touched the damper.
    They are 26 + 27.5 compatible

Gordymac
    Free Member

Interesting stuff keep it coming.

It seems that the performance is right up there and when you compare X fusion to the price of Rockshox it kind of becomes a no brainer!

jonnyrockymountain

I ran some velvets last year dla model (travel adjust) very impressed as good if not better than rockshox, only reason I sold was a change in frame.
    Just bought a 650b soul so on the look out for some velvet rl2
    The only forks I think are better would be DT swiss, but you have to pay a lot more

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Had Vengeances and Slides and really pleased with both – I think Sweeps got a good review in Dirt recently so could be worth tracking down.

matther01
    Free Member

If you get your forks from j tech they will tune and lower them if require at no extra cost. They are also the cheapest I could find if purchased from new.

I’ve been advised my slants will take a wee while to bed in and they have no adjustable compression…but less faff unless you like tuneable compression.

So far so good…but not had them very long.

Simwit

I had Sweeps for 5 rides while I was waiting on some Pikes at the start of the year & to be honest if I hadn’t already had the RockShox on order I would have kept them. They were superbly stiff, tracked fantastically and once you had overcome the initial stiction (which goes once they bed in, I didn’t get to ride them enough for that to happen) they were really plush. The damping felt spot on too. I think they’re an absolute bargain.

mtbfix

I’ve swapped my SIDs for Velvets. Can’t fault them really other than the lockout on the fork top being prone to snagging undergrowth and self locking.

wiggles
    Free Member

My slants needed a bit of a push to move the first time on a ride for a few weeks. A rocky trail or two later and it has gone and no stickyness at all.

backtothetop
    Free Member

Had 170mm vengence which felt very nice and low maintenance.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Slides on my Lurcher, I just do not notice them. I notice my brakes, the backend, the angle of the head, the grip of my tyres, but I just don’t notice the forks, they get the job done in a very low key way. Like you I’m Rockshox through and through, until now.

razorrazoo

On Sweeps. Started to bed in by 3rd ride and feel great now. Seem to give up the travel when needed but don’t dive under the slightest pressure. Adjustability is just the air pressure and rebound, but the standard tune feels right. General quality of the fork is good, came with the shock pump included in box too.

Worth mentioning that the post mount is set up for a 180mm disc without the need for an adaptor (so you can’t run a 160).

wiggles
    Free Member

and for 203mm on the slants so you can’t run anything smaller..

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I have Slide RL2 on my Solaris. Came down Snowdon Rangers on them last week and they were absolutely brilliant. I was trying to keep costs down on my build (the alternative were the Rebas). Very well built and way cheaper. I took a punt and i’m so glad I did.

Long may they Roam!

jimmy748

I’ve had my Slant RL2 DLA’s a couple of months now, have been faultless so far, compression tune seems spot on and the travel adjust 160-140 works great.

daveh
    Free Member

and for 203mm on the slants so you can’t run anything smaller..

Only the <2013 iirc, 2014 Slants (with the Xloc axle) is 180mm.

colster808
    Free Member

Another positive from me. Swapped a set of Rebas for some velvets rl2 (£230 from eBay) on full suss and far stiffer, more composed and really simple to use.

I”ve got a set of coil sektors on the hard tail which I love but they feel a lot less compossed than the velvets on multiple hits.

bedfordrd

Have Vengeance RC on my Norco Range – probably because 650B forks didn’t really exist a year ago. Apart from very marginal mud clearance, the forks are great!

Really do plough through everything I’ve thrown at them: Trails, natural rides, Alps, Enduros – brilliant forks. Not much adjustability (air adjust and rebound damping only) and no lockout, but fantastic.

Am tempted with sweeps as an upgrade for next year – to save a little weight and give me extra clearance.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion Forks’ is closed to new replies.