Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • X – Box issue !!!!!
  • 83PGA
    Free Member

Son has just purchased an x-box.Having plugged the very expensive wireless adaptor in, he is unable to pick up the internet !We can see our neighbours networks (they are protected!) but not ours.The router works with laptops and the PS3.

Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Dont you need to wire it up through ethernet first, then pick it up on the wireless after?

Drac

Nope should just detect it unless he's been around all his neighbours plugging it in.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

Check that your router has the latest firmware. My wii wouldn't work my my current router until I did the update.

Drac

Ah clubber may have it was trying to think what I had to do and that was it, then had to do it again for the PS3.

tinribz
    Free Member

there is a security setting about not broadcasting as available on the router, might be worth turning off security for a few mins then hooking up for first time.

GlenMore
    Free Member

The most likely issue is that you've turned on some sort of security on your router. Maybe you're not broadcasting the router address or you've restricted connection to certain (known) MACs.

Kuco

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘X – Box issue !!!!!’ is closed to new replies.