• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wyre forest trails
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

My mate wanted to ride Wyre forest on Saturday but neither of us know the place.

Are the routes easy to find – does anyone have any routes they can suggest or is out saturday morning??

I've heard Kinlet North has some good riding if you can find it.

MrTall
    Free Member

There is some great riding to be had there but you'll struggle to find it without a guide. I believe there may be a Saturday morning ride which probably meets in the carpark of the Duke William pub just past the visitor centre. I've ridden there for 2 years now and i still don't know my way round – i just follow my mate who knows it like the back of his hand. Mick Arms off here is your man if you can track him down although i believe there are a few regulars on here who know their way around. Trails should be lovely and dry there at the moment. Have fun.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Mick, me et al are over there Wednesday night if the forecasted gales don't wash the trails away

Bushwacked
    Free Member

SO if we go down there are we likely to have a wasted journey and / or get lost in the woods or will we have lots of fun?

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Lots of fun. Just keep exploring, there are some good trails.

MrTall
    Free Member

You'll have fun (although it can get very muddy there and heavy rain is forcast this afternoon) but you'll probably end up doing a fair bit of fire road and get lost a bit in the forest. You'll always be able to find your way out to a road or something though as the forest is not massive. Best bet is to look out for other riders and ask to tag along – there is a night ride tomorrow you could go to to get an idea of the trails before going with your mate on Saturday?

MicArms

Bushwhacked, try asking on here, bikeradar forum. Or if you can go out on Sunday, there's a group who meet up @ the visitor's centre at 10am….
    Would be there myself this Saturday but have to go to a family piss up.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Would come up but in London working at the moment, but will drop you a mail Muddypuddle

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Muddypuddle – YGM!

mboy
    Free Member

If you're going up to Wyre any time soon mate, gimme a shout, or drop me an email… I'm only 25 minutes away now, and I could do with learning some of the trails there a bit better myself!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

This saturday we're off up there if you want to join us – not sure where we're going though

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wyre forest trails’ is closed to new replies.