Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Wyre Forest Ice
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Anybody elase been down the wyre forest today. I have never seen ice like it, had to walk/slide/fall around most of it. Fell off twice just on the fireroads. Be carefull if you go cause its deadly

daveells
    Free Member

Went yesterday,**** me it was scary.I thought I wasn't going to make it home at one point ,sheet ice every direction I rode.

BigJohn

I rode over a sheet of ice at 9:30am on a fire road at Cannock Chase yesterday. It had been in the sun for an hour, so had some melt water on top. I went down like a sack of spuds, so fast that when my shoulder hit the ground my hands were still on the bars. It hurt, but I guess not putting my arm out saved a broken wrist or collarbone.

bonesetter
    Free Member

The thick ice is just not going away fast enough.

The top is melting which smooths the surface out like glass. Then refreezes…

Clent has places you just have to get off and try your best to get past anyway you can – usually going via the brambles

Today was better than yesterday, but not by much

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

BigJohn – Member
    I rode over a sheet of ice at 9:30am on a fire road at Cannock Chase yesterday. It had been in the sun for an hour, so had some melt water on top. I went down like a sack of spuds, so fast that when my shoulder hit the ground my hands were still on the bars. It hurt, but I guess not putting my arm out saved a broken wrist or collarbone

We were also up cannock yesterday , and some of the fire roads were un-ridable with thick shiney ice .. only way round was on the grass or skate … plenty of lads tried and all failed .. we were in a big group and loads of us ended up on our arses … luckly no one was hurt but some of the lads went down hard and fast ….
    Just be careful out there

renton
    Free Member

yep just got back from the wyre now!!

ive never tried riding in conditions like that before,very scary.

spent most of the time pushing.

not good.

z1ppy

Aye the canal paths round here are desperate. Helped move a canal boat up to Stourbridge yesterday (2" ice on the canal), was worried I'd slip into the locks, lots of bikers (using them to get to trails) having trouble.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Do you think if it snows as much as they say it will be better?

aracer
    Free Member

Time for some of these?

Mounty_73

It is a bit scarey, I will be in there tomorrow too….hopefully with a good covering of the white stuff.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Mountey – sure that's wise?

DaveE

Took the kids yesterday.
    Family trail not good ended up taking them off piste.
    had lots of fun.
    Went xmas eve in the snow and was great. 😆

Mounty_73

Mountey – sure that's wise?

I am big boy and I am allowed out to play 😉

Mounty_73

It looks like we are finally getting some of the white stuff 🙂

beerbelly
    Free Member

Mounty

how was the wyre ??

Mounty_73

Mounty

how was the wyre ??

Wet and muddy… 🙁

bigyim
    Free Member

has the scary ice gone ?

Mounty_73

Ice is still there….well most of it… going in back in today for a quick blast…

Mounty_73

Anyone up for a New Year ride on Sunday ? 🙂

jim29
    Free Member

Small amounts of Ice around the old mill and near the end of camber.

But MY GOD how muddy is it? Mountain Kings on the Five demo I had could not cope!

The 'off camber' bit of camber, between the bridge and fallen tree is very slippy!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Mounty_73 – Member
    Anyone up for a New Year ride on Sunday ?

Might take u up on that … cant say yes or no at the moment as i`m undecided as to ride the peaks on sunday or stay local..ish

Tony

MicArms

I'm planning for a 10am start from the Duke William if anyone is interested.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Wyre Forest Ice’ is closed to new replies.