Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Wyre Forest – Ambulance
  • Mounty_73

Not long finished a ride in the Wyre Forest, on the way home there was an ambulance in the gateway with what I thought were a couple of mountain bikers…

We did pass a group in the Wyre, just wanted to make sure they were ok….

Houns

Bugger i hope it’s not my mates :0(

Mounty_73

I’m only asking as the mystery logger has been out again…. and only a few weeks back I was told someone had put a board down with nails sticking out…

It seems to be happening over by the ‘garlic run’ trail…

Houns

Been a while (too long) since i’ve been over there/out with mates, sent a couple of texts to find out but no replies yet

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Is that the section where the entrance was recently cut up? Near the white chair run?

Mounty_73

Yes, thats the area.

Another local rider called me and asked if there had been any problems in the Wyre with trails etc.

Apparently someone had put a board down with nails sticking out, it was placed there deliberately.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Noticed private property signs have also been put up in this area, is any of the forest privately owned?

Mounty_73

Yes it is and I did notice the new signs too.

shinsplints

Nor me.
    Micarms ? Votchy etc…. please check in !

MicArms

I’m in Ware, Herts all this week so not me..

But healing vibes to whoever the ambulance was for.

grtdkad

Is there not a Trailquest looming up in the Wyre in coming weeks? That’ll go down well with the aggressive locals…

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Just heard on local news 55 year old taken to hospital with back injuries fell down 20foot???? ( half asleep) drop near duke William pub.

votchy
    Free Member

Si,

none of the Clent Duffers (TM) have been over this week as we have no guide 😉

Also noticed new private property signs by the new drainage gulley heading towards garlic after the white chair run, who owns that bit of forest then?

Healing vibes to whoever it was, wasn’t one of the duke william fast boys was it, they are all around that age category?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Looks likey it could be one of the fast boys crew. They go out on Wednesday nights don’t they?

Get well soon

MrTall
    Free Member

Sounds like a nasty fall. I’m thinking maybe on the Camber run? That would have a 20+ ft fall down to a stream?

The ‘fast boys’ seem like the most likely candidates i’m afraid, hope whoever it was makes a full recovery. Sounds like quite an effort for the emergency services to retrieve him.

If anybody gets a name for him, please post it in this thread. Cheers

project
    Free Member

55 to old to be out cycling after 19.00 hrs, he should be at home with the sky, or writing complaint letters about litter/dogs etc.

PS, Hope you make a good recovery , and a big thanks to all involved in the rescue.

rOcKeTdOg

BLimey, had a few moments on that trail myself, this is why you shouldn’t nite ride on your own, good job he was with a group, top marks to the rescuers

rOcKeTdOg

BLimey, had a few moments on that trail myself, this is why you shouldn’t nite ride on your own, good job he was with a group, top marks to the rescuers

MrNutt
    Free Member

christ that sounds nasty, get well soon that man!

and yes, its activities like this that puts tv shows such as “points of view” at serious risk, mountain biking at 55 in the early evening, what ever next!

votchy
    Free Member

Suspect more likely secret garden than camber, few 20 foot drops to stream there, would take some doing to get to the stream falling from camber

Well done the emergency services

MrTall
    Free Member

Thanks MuddlePuddle, i rode with him and his son last week, glad the injury is not too severe.

Seems he fell down whilst having a pee!!! I’m sure all his mates will never take the mickey out of him for that one once he’s better. 😉

wwaswas

he fell down whilst having a pee

oh dear.

votchy
    Free Member

Happened by the bridge over dowles brook by the old ford, what shoes for jeycoremincelite peeing????

Get well soon

Mounty_73

Sarah and I rode past that bridge last night and saw a few bikes on the ground, with various torches shining…

Didnt think nothing of it at the time, but as we rode past Sarah shouted…’We know what you are doing’ assuming they were having a toilet break….but as it happens there were having a toilet break…

Healing vibes and I am sure they wont take the p**s too much!

Houns

Ooof, all the best, if it was one of our lads he’d never hear the last of it!

knarlyoldgit
    Free Member

Hi Guys.
    I was that man. 56 not 55 and pleased to see we are classed as the Fast boys from the Duke.
    Went into Worecester A & E & sent home 2 days later to rest. Returned 2 weeks later (in mega pain) to have a CT scan to identify a fratured L1. Then went to B’ham to have screws and rods to bind it to vertabrae above and below. Now at home and just back to sitting at the PC.
    2nd time i’ve done this (T 11 last time about 10 years ago) Expect to see long suffering other half have my 8 bikes on ebay any time soon!

As the man says – I’ll be back (with a back brace!)
    And yes i was taking a pee. Being a caring biker i walked off the track and walked into thin air. Very cartoon like. Sadly landed on a pointy rock in the stream at the bottom.
    Big thanks to all the guys who stopped and helped on the night.

z1ppy

Glad to hear your making a good recovery to what sounds a horrendous injury & aren’t being put off by it.
    Curious as to where it happened, someone suggested it was off the old railway track? If so, that was a hell of a fall!

seven
    Free Member

jeez that must have been scary. Hope you heal quick fella

MicArms

Heard about your little tumble, Geoff, healing vibes matey! If the other half does bar you completely, let me have 1st dibs!!!
    ( And you’re only classed as the fast boys when I ride with you!)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Wyre Forest – Ambulance’ is closed to new replies.