Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • www.ukbikesdepot.com
  • Cletus

Hi,

This site has some good prices on last seasons Genesis bikes.

Has anyone used them and, if so, what are they like?

Cheers

wishiwascalledsteve

ukbikesdepot is the online shop run by Cycle Gear in Halifax. Never ordered anything off of their website, but used the shop plenty of times and never had any issues, Seem to know what they’re on about and friendly enough. The shop doesn’t really stock any top of the range bikes or expensive bling, mainly has decent midrange bikes.

Leku
    Free Member

I bought my Saracen Kili frame from them. Purchase went fine. Currently returning it under warranty and them have been helpful.

composite
    Free Member

Think I might have bought some inner tubes from them via one of the bike radar deals. They seemed to be taking ages to come (but I that was more to do with bike radar rather than them) so emailed them. They told me the date they would be sent out and I received them about 2 days after that.

swingbing
    Free Member

@Leku 🙁 what’s happened to the kili?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I bought my Saracen Kili frame from them

the 853 fillet brazed model?

mattywrigley
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

We’re actually a shop in Halifax, West Yorkshire, called “Cycle Gear”, and have been online selling for the past few years, we’ve been in business here since 1986, previously in other locations since 1970.
    Genesis bikes are excellent quality, we do sell plenty of them, hence why we can do them at the excellent prices.

As “wishiwascalledsteve” mentioned, we stock plenty of decent mid range bikes. Stock is usually pretty reliable, we have 4 floors full of stock after turfing out the tennant who lived above!

Leku’s kili – I think there was a problem with the headset off the top of my head, Steve, the manager was sorting this out so nothing to do with myself. Think there was bit of movement in the headset? Give us a call Leku if you need to chase things up?…

The inner tubes deal was a promo campaign we did. Unfortunately not all people read the daily deals website, so either didn’t redeem the code correctly, or didn’t see that they were all being shipped once orders had come in on a certain date – hence why some people thought they took a while.

Feel free to give us a call Cletus. Ask for me and i’ll help any way I can.

Cheers,
    Matt
    http://www.ukbikesdepot.com

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As mentioned above, I’ve nipped into the shop quite a few times now for bits and pieces and they’re spot on. Did me a good deal on my sons Scoot balance bike!

Leku
    Free Member

the 853 fillet brazed model?

yes

@Leku what’s happened to the kili?

I have an issue with the headset. No matter how much I tighten it up there is still a small amount of play in it. Have added extra spacer so top cap is well clear of fork steerer and tried a different headset. It’s a fully integrated one and I think something is not quite right with where the bearings sit on the frame.

Leku
    Free Member

oh but it a great frame and the shop have been helpful.

timc
    Free Member

Any other problems with the Kili frames?

Leku
    Free Member

No. Had a Soul before (stolen) and it is the equal to that. A little bit heavier (brazed) but nicer finished.

[/url]
    IMG_0455 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

Stuey01
    Free Member

I had a Genesis Aether road bike from them a while back, ordered online. It was the best price available at the time and good quick delivery.
    Seem a decent lot.

Cletus

Cheers Matt,

Just trying to persuade the wife that I “need” a new road bike.

If successful I will be in touch.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

mattywrigley
    Free Member

Cletus – If you’re looking at a particular Genesis Road bike, I presume you’re looking at the Equilibrium 10 thats currently on offer? Tomorrow, the price MAY be changing with limited stock available. Worth a cheeky look tomorrow!

For you guys that have seen us before too, as of hopefully the end of the week, if not then the early part of next week, we should have a new look website coming online. Same URL, just will look more green rather than red to tie in with the shop move which will be happening this winter. Will be the exact same content for now, but we hope to slowly make the site a little more user friendly. Years of different people looking after how its run has made it confusing. Now theres 3 of us full time looking after this side, we hope to get it much better. I may post a link on here as a topic, to get your feedback on how it looks once its online.

Leku – Is this still ongoing? I believe Steve sent you some bits, have they not done the job? Will look at getting the full thing picked up if you like (maybe without wheels if its easier for you) and we’ll sort it out. Give me a call tomorrow and I can maybe get it sorted for you. The full build looks amazing!

Matt

mattywrigley
    Free Member
    Leku
    Free Member

Kili now sorted by a visit to LBS. The bike was supplied with the wrong headset. Seemingly there are two different chamfer angles possible for fully integrated headset bearing races.

Matt – I’ll email you with full details later.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

where are you moving the shop to Matt? Still staying central?

ashfanman
    Free Member

I read that as http://www.ukbikedespot.com 😀

mattywrigley
    Free Member

Wrong headset – interesting! I’ll speak to Saracen over that! Interesting one.

DaveyBoyWonder – We’re moving to Horton Street, old shop inbetween Argos and Kwikfit. Up the road from the train station. Get the keys back end of December as its a building site at the mo, should be open for Feb all being well!

We’re also going to be concentrating on different areas. Ordered in a sh*t load of Scott mountain bikes, up to the 5k mark, so we’ll now be concentrating on the MTB side of things. Still keeping the mid-range leisure stuff though. These came today and are on display now.

Matt

mattywrigley
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

For you guys interested, phase one of the “new image” went live last night…

New look website, bit more content to come during this week, including finance available on most bikes.

Next thing we get some new “uniform” which should be with us the end of the week. Gone for the Madison Trail Jackets which seem pretty good. Currently at the embroidery place. Also with the polos with the new logo.

To come over the next few months too we’ll have some Jerseys in our new colours.

Lastly, the builders will be finished on the new place 2 week today, then we have 2 month of moving and legal matters, and we hope to be open in late jan/early feb.

Matt

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘www.ukbikesdepot.com’ is closed to new replies.