Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • WW2 museum in Normandy & things to do in Bayeux
  • stayhigh

Morning all

I’m on holiday with my son in Normandy & tomorrow we were planning on a museum trip. I’d like to go to the Dday beaches in Arromanches & there is a museum there too. Has anyone been there, is it worth going to over tbe Normandy tank museum which was the other one we’d seen.

In the afternoon we were planning on having a poke around Bayeux, outside of the tapestry stuff are there any other things worth checking out?

Thanks all 🙂

sandal100

The museum about WWII in Bayeux is quite good. I’ve not been to the museums you mention but did others- Pegasus bridge, Pointe Du Hoc and the battery at Longues Sur Mer is good for a visit as it has the original guns.

My favourite museum was the airborne museum in St Mere Eglise.

flatfish
    Free Member

Theres a fairly new museum/cinema at the top of the hill outside Arromanches which I really enjoyed.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Pegasus Bridge, the Merville Battery and Ranville cemetery are well worth a visit. The Bridge museum is fascinating and the Battery has a sound and light show simulating the British assault from the perspective of the Germans inside the bunker.

Pointe du Hoq for the sheer scale of the destruction caused by bombardment. The American war cemetery for the scale of the place. A dawn walk on Utah beach.

Or for something completely different, the Falaise Gap museum, near Falaise, where polish troops tried to cut off the retreating Germans.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘WW2 museum in Normandy & things to do in Bayeux’ is closed to new replies.