Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • WTF?! Talking adverts on STW??!
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Sorry if this has already been done (I’ve just got home) – but I have a talking advert for air fresheners at the top right of the page and it won’t shut up. As I type, it’s just turned into a surface cleaning ad complete with horror film music. I know we’re not supposed to use ad blocking software, but that really is beyond the pale…. 🙁

EDIT: just spotted the mute button, but will I have to press this every time I open a new topic?

Stoner
    Free Member

email mark the ad url. he’s usually pretty quick on blocking ads that have sound in them at his end. He doesnt want them here either I think.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

If only there were some kind of program or add-on that would remove adverts from web pages.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Indeed. You might miss out on some cracking deals though, I know I do.

user-removed
    Free Member

Stoner – maybe someone already has – the ad appears to have turned into a static, soundless ad for the Stroke Association….

Stoner
    Free Member

u-r the ad will be a random-ish one from a pool of ads. The computer fairies have just decided to give you a different ad when you changed page/refreshed. The noisy one might come back. If it does, copy the url and let mark know.

user-removed
    Free Member

Aye, will do.

Mark

Aaargh. Sorry. Nothing I hate more than ads with sound. I’m on my phone right now but I’ll have my laptop out in a bit and I’ll annihilate the bas… Little blighter!

user-removed
    Free Member

Grand! Nice swear filter avoidance too 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

You might miss out on some cracking deals though, I know I do.

I can live without Dettol and Cillit Bang deals thanks 😉

Well done Mark!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘WTF?! Talking adverts on STW??!’ is closed to new replies.