Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • WTF on the M6 Last night?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whilst in the middle of an epic falling out with my Garmin Sat Nav(which treats the M6 Toll like Mornington Crescent, unless your journey is sufficiently far away* from the M6 toll in which case going the wrong way down a one way bus lane is it’s other party trick) and the M42 being closed at about 11:30 the Chav population of the West Midlands took it upon itself to close all the f***** sliproads!

Didn’t see a single police car so i’m pretty sure it wasnt an official road block.

*not the same as not on the way, Ashby->Cannock will also be done via the M6 toll, despite having to drive through Cannock town to get to the f****** M6 Toll!

maccruiskeen

close them how?

rocketman
    Free Member

the Chav population of the West Midlands took it upon itself to close all the f***** sliproads

Sounds fairly normal tbh if there’s one place that needs nuking it’s the fricken West Midlands

D0NK

details please

v8ninety

What on earth are you on about? Breath, think about what you want to say, and try again. And please, remove the word ‘chav’ from your statement, some people here get frightfully het up about it!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

close them how?

Parked down the hard shoulders and accross the sliproads.

maccruiskeen

Just parked and wanderered off or obviously demonstrating / blockading? Something to do with the Tory Party Conference perhaps?

Is this the hard shoulder thats a part-time lane?

D0NK

Parked down the hard shoulders and accross the sliproads.

eh? exit, entrance or both? fast n furious style roadblock racing?

grum
    Free Member

I think your average chav might have written a more coherent post. WTF are you on about?

jota180
    Free Member

It wasn’t some of those jovial travelling folk having one of their harness racing sessions was it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

eh? exit, entrance or both?

Motorway/A-road junction, so the exit I wanted to take (from whichever A-road the sat nav was busy trying to send me down the wrong onto the M6 toll) way had become the car park for ~100 ‘politicaly correct non-V8 landrover ninety driving 16-35 year olds’.

demonstrating / blockading

That was my first thought, but then that would presumably make the news.

fast n furious style roadblock racing?

That was the 2nd, based on the the non landrover V8 driving demographic

But surely there must be a quiet industrial estate that while peeving the police off would at least attract less attention?

Woody
    Free Member

Is it mention chav’s day today?

Cougar

chav’s day

I liked that ‘Rabbit’ song they did.

stevie750

Came down the M8 about 10:30 last night and just before Glasgow the gantries had “caution pedestrians” messages up.

Never saw anyone, maybe it’s just lemmings day

bikebouy
    Free Member

Landy V8’s hardly a chavs car init?

Were they wearing squared off Baseball Caps, sideways on?

And Trackie Bums?

Shirley (see what I did there) you mean VauxCorsa;s tricked out with blue running lights init?

Reboot your satnav, think you’ll find you were in Manchester.

wwaswas

Trackie Bums?

*is intrigued*

manitou
    Free Member

Dogging

v8ninety

Landy V8’s hardly a chavs car init?

I resent the implication and reserve the right to identify my cultural, nay ethnical background in any way i see fit! AS IS MY DIVINE STW RIGHT!!!!

😉

flyingmonkeycorps

chav’s day
    I liked that ‘Rabbit’ song they did.

I just got biscuit crumbs all over my screen!

bails

I’m going to offer another “WTF?!”

So were they in Landrovers or not? 😕

somouk
    Free Member

I believe there was a car meet of some form on that got split up by the police in the end.

wrightyson
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kwUmH62vBts[/video]
    Could it have been the hams hall mob?

higgo
    Free Member

I am very confused.
    Were these people in Landrovers that were of the ‘Ninety’ model but did not contain a V8?

If I turned up in a One-Ten with a V8 (but LPG conversion) would I have been allowed to join in?

curvature
    Free Member

Great post that has made me laugh but I have no idea of what is going on, proposed or did happen…

rudebwoy
    Free Member

A new fuel protest group, a sub set of the more traditional type of petrol head, guerilla stylee–

satchm00
    Free Member

so erm after all that excitement did you ring police or was it your Garmins fault?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘WTF on the M6 Last night?’ is closed to new replies.