Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • WTF is wrong with me?
  • andygreener

Should I just MTFU or get to the docs?
    Feeling like a big pile if cow manure. Head ache, sore throat my whole body aches even my feet. Freezing one moment, sweating the next. Lost my balance a couple if times.
    Not living up to my new nickname lord tubbington as I just don’t feel like eating anything. Sleeping a lot during the day but not at night hence me talking crap on here. About 48 hours now. Any ideas on what to do next?

meehaja
    Free Member

2 paracetamol every 4 hours, plenty of water, drink some cola/eat ice cream for sugar. ride it out.

solarider
    Free Member

Write a will?

Sounds like man flu. The end is close.

I am one of the fortunate few to survive it. Plenty of Paracetamol, liquids and rest and you’ll be good in a few days. Trying to soldier on is not going to help. Just give in and go to bed. Best to see the Dr just in case though.

stavromuller
    Free Member

Manflu, manup

Russell96

Sobered up yet? three day hangover. It happens when you get older 🙁

CountZero

I had something like that several years ago. Felt like crap, going to bed shivering, waking up at 3am with the bedclothes soaked in sweat, so much so I was wrapping myself in bath towels to soak up the sweat. Still carried on going to work, which was, frankly, bloody stupid. Don’t know if it was a mild dose of flu, I had that once, spent five days in bed, not that I remember much, really. Sounds like a similar thing, I’d phone in sick, take a couple of days off, you’ll feel better for it. It’s certainly not a regular cold.

spw3

2 paracetamol every 4 hours would be a very bad idea.

8 tabs a day max please.

andrewh
    Free Member

He has smaller tablets than you.

maccruiskeen

Can I be a heretic and suggest you take as little paracetomol as possible. Your increased temperature is your body’s way of speeding up your recovery. In fact all the symptoms of a cold is you fighting the baddy, not the baddy itself. Taking paracetamol reduces the fever and eases the symptoms but it prolongs the lurgy. So only take it when you need to, not as often as you can.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

Unfortunately that is not the medical consensus

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘WTF is wrong with me?’ is closed to new replies.