Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • WTF?
  • binners

That was probably the most sensible thing in that supplement.

The article written by the female Guardian journalist about the South Downs defied belief. What an utter ****-wit!!!

I bet the bike hire place was well chuffed to see her turn up. No map, no idea where she was going. 16 miles off road, having not ridden a bike for years, she’d generously allowed herself a whole hour to do it. He ended up driving her 13 miles so she could ride the last 3.

And they actually published that shite as a guide to cycling! 😯

MrsToast
    Free Member

It reminds me a bit of when I was doing English Language at A-Level, and we were studying the topic of regional dialects. We were asked to find out regional terms from various friends and family members. My mate Dave promptly made loads of stuff up and convincingly passed it off as stuff that his “aunt from down south” would say. I think “Scampering Boon” was my favourite, meaning naughty or mischievous child. 😆

I once misheard Mr Toast saying that a downhill section was “sterile”. I can’t even remember what he actually said, but after that there was a lot of “Yeah, that was totally sterile!”. Which could mean good or bad (but not actually sterile in any actual sense of the word).

BruceWee

Where was Brown-Pow!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It’s like they phoned in that article from Marin County circa 1990 via a 1970’s CB network using Chinese whispers.

either that or it was taken verbatim off MTBR

alfabus
    Free Member

that was totally **** mexico.

jj55

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW7xzBC-qa0[/video] 🙄

redthunder
    Free Member

No mention of Bombers or Baby Robins ? 🙄

wrecker
    Free Member

There’s some spicey language on that page!
    He’s very fond of the C-bomb. Classy bloke.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Funny but a little sad that the wider public will read that and associate it with bikes but if anything its more comprehensible than the average Dirt article 🙂

oxym0r0n

I juzst got totally stoked on that article

Scapegoat

Yep, that was really dope.

sc-xc

That is brilliant. Definitely written as a pisstake, and I bet they were laughing their heads off when they were trying to out-do each other for daft names.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Yep, it’s like totally ripped off from the mountain bike slang dictionary that was on the interweb 0.1 back in the day. Those dweebs are just so old…
    and I can’t believe that they missed that the low hanging branch was a banana catcher or to use auger instead of face-plant…

professor_fate
    Free Member
    onewheelgood

Dave Hall ? @daveha11
    Tomorrow the cycling supplement that stole my life for two months is coming out in the Guardian (& Observer Sunday).

Surely someone should tell him how much we’re appreciating his hard work?

bigad40
    Free Member

Finally someone hit the nail on the head!
    Expect all my golfing buddies to see the the light…
    It all makes sense now.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘WTF?’ is closed to new replies.