Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Wtd:Discount code for Davehinde racing….
  • Bikepimp
    Free Member

As above if anyone can help as in need of a new pair of forks.

Cheers

slowrider
    Free Member

is that not the massive rip off merchant? apologies if im getting confused with a different dave…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Enter “donotbuyfromhere” in the promo box.

Then go on Merlin cycles instead.

andyl
    Free Member

try “freehopediscs” 😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t know how much they are but they can’t be cheap enough.

sc-xc

Just shove a cucumber up yer bum when placing the order. It’ll feel the same.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Not really helpful:((

baldSpot
    Free Member

type in “SCAMM3D”

sc-xc

Very helpful I think. Saving you from a world of pain.

I also don’t have any discount codes for the nazi party, the Margaret thatcher fan club or the gadaffi benevolent fund.

partyboy
    Free Member

Was Bikepimp not DH’s now defunct ebay shop name?, the OP seems to sell a lot too…hmmmm

Naranjada
    Free Member

I thought DH’s ebay store was called fastpartsforbikes

partyboy
    Free Member

So it was, apologies OP 😳

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I nearly bought from that eBay seller yesterday.

Lucky escape

parisroubaix

I had the opposite of a discount from Dave Hinde- I ordered two sets of tyres and they sent me one set, charging me for two sets. Previously they took 12 weeks to send me a wheel, charged me above their advertised prices for other parts, and told me several lies about other orders. The cucumber probably feels better.

footflaps

A friend bought some new Shimano SPD pedals from DavidHindeScumbagExpressBikePars and got a used pair minus cleats and minus adjusting screws!

Pembo
    Free Member

Bizarre how the guy gets such bad press from his mail order operation but gives really good service when you go to the shop. Popped into the shop recently to ask about a replacement spring clip for a hope hub I bought over a year ago and they dug one out of the back of the shop and gave it to me.

Not saying the complaints aren’t valid, just find it odd how you can get the shop part right and the mail order part seems to have issues.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve had utter crap service in the shop. The nob in there stood and lied to my face.

I’d rung the shop about whether they had brakes in stock. Course they had. I popped across to the shop (took about 10 minutes from where I was) and they said they had no stock; I must have rung their ‘mail order operation’

I pulled my mobile out of my pocket and rang the number again. The phone rang next to him and he looked at me like he couldn’t hear it.

“Are you going to get that?”

“No”

Cutter Unts, they are.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’d rung the shop about whether they had brakes in stock. Course they had. I popped across to the shop (took about 10 minutes from where I was) and they said they had no stock; I must have rung their ‘mail order operation’

I pulled my mobile out of my pocket and rang the number again. The phone rang next to him and he looked at me like he couldn’t hear it.

“Are you going to get that?”

“No”

Carlsberg don’t put people in awkward situations, but if they did….. 😀

grtdkad

Love that one Scott !
    I’ve only ever used DH once about 5/6 years ago to get a pair of 717 wheels built. No problems experience at all … I was quite surprised to see the venom on this thread. Have I just been lucky?

mrmo
    Free Member

what surprises me is that when i started cycling 20 years ago Dave Hinde was around advertising in the back of Cycling Weekly and whilst so many other shops have disappeared he is still going????

grtdkad

So perhaps the bike mags should stop taking Dave Hinde cash and promoting his business through advertising space?

crazy-legs

what surprises me is that when i started cycling 20 years ago Dave Hinde was around advertising in the back of Cycling Weekly and whilst so many other shops have disappeared he is still going????

They’re the Ryanair of the bike trade. Loads of complaints, treat people like shit, constantly push it to see just how far you can take the piss but people will still use them cos he’s cheap. Not everyone checks prices/companies before buying, they’ll see the ads and place the order.

The horror stories I’ve seen and heard about DH are too numerous to mention but then I’ve been in/around the bike trade for 15 years – someone new to cycling won’t even think to check it out, they’ll just see what looks like a bargain.

beanieripper
    Free Member

if my arse was on fire and he owned the last bucket of water in the world i wouldnt give him a penny for it

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Wtd:Discount code for Davehinde racing….’ is closed to new replies.