Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • WTD: Lomond Hills (fife) route please.
  • gtkid
    Free Member

Will be heading there once the snow has passed and could do with some input before hand. Have had a good look at the OS map but could use some local input. Looks like a good descent by bishops hill.
    Cheers.

druidh
    Free Member

Hmm – I'd be interested in this too.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Here's a couple of ideas which can be combined to make a longer ride:

Includes a brilliant descent down the Glen Burn.

Combined route would be around 4-5 hours. Might be interesting in the current conditions! If the snow disappears, it'll be horribly muddy in places so you'd be wanting a decent freeze to firm things up.

There is a lot of good riding on Bishop Hill too, but I'm not that familiar with it.

andrewh
    Free Member

Start up Glenvale (car park just up the road from path) Mind the steps. Brings you to bottom of West Lomond. Continue passed down towards the woods passed the res. Come up the hill to where the weather station thingy is and the along the top of Bishops and back down at the end near West Lomond, fantastic decescent, a lot of 'rear-wheel in the air' stuff. For short route return along Glanvale, much better in this direction.
    For long route, it's a carry up West Lomond, then down on the north side, which then loops around and follow the landrover track towards East Lomond, across the road at Craigmead and back onto the Landrover track all the way to the rdio masts (East Lomond on your left as you go passed it)
    East Lomond is ridable up from the masts. Come down towards the closest trees (northish) This is in there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbAY4D61HJ4

Pub in Falkland (Stag is good) Road climb back to Craigmead (ridable but not great in that direction up Maspie Den) Passed Craigmead then right onto fram track, continue along passed res, West Lomond on your right. Turn right at the big track and back down Glenvale.

Get an OS map to see what I'm on about.

gtkid
    Free Member

Cheers! Have OS map so will plan from there.

Purplefunkymonkey
    Free Member

If the "descent near the Bishop" is the track that zigzags down the front towards Kinesswood , well it's rideable but a bit worse the wear of the elements. The clay surface has been washed and cooked so many times it is now sand and there are a few rather large ruts caused by the water running down the hill. Good fun but a lot slower than it was 15years ago but this could be due to MY age aswell as the surface.

da funk

Murr
    Free Member

hi there gtkid, should be able to help you out with that run in the new year after the puffer, no the area well as a stay local there is a better decend than the one thats been posted .

gtkid
    Free Member

Thanks Murr. I'm between Dundee and Perth so not far away. Email addy in profile.

andrewh
    Free Member

Not the one I meant Purplefm, although that one is fun (the only place I've ever had to stop and let my brakes cool down, Closed Hopes by the way)
    I meant the one where you carry on around the top with the drop to your left, starts around NT185056 and finishes around 188057. Yours is great fun, but it's a bugger of a climb back to anywhere interetsing.

italspark
    Free Member

check out the leslie bikes site, they practicaly live up there

jimmy

any invites going….?

andrewh
    Free Member

I wish. Sadly moved away two years ago. In the flatlands of Linclnshire now. I'll be back in Fife as soon as I can afford to be though.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

any invites going….?

Any time (except that I'll be away for much of the next fortnight).

Better let things dry out too.

Drop me an email sometime and I'll show you round the bits I know (though Leslie Bikes guys are much more knowledgeable)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Lomond Hills (fife) route please.’ is closed to new replies.