Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wtb tyres and stans rims
  • willv

Am I pissing in the wind here?

Internet suggests I am – wish I checked before I bought.

650b arch rim with a wolverine tcs tyre. Never had any issues with schwalbes before.

goodgrief
    Free Member

I got a team issue vigilante to mount on a Flow. It took quite a bit of effort but the rim wasn’t in the best of shape. Used two layers of yellow tape and a stans valve. From what I can tell there are issues with using rim strips because it takes up too much space under the bead hook.

willv

I can’t get the fecker on at all – not even close. Never had this with a tyre before

monkeychild
    Free Member

Welcome to the frustrating world of Stan’s rims!!! I had dramas on my Arch EX (29er) with Geax Saguaros and a Maxxis Ignitor. Spesh tyres work a treat on them.
    Someone will be along shortly saying it’s you and they haven’t had a problem, blah, blah , blah 😆

Northwind

I had a Mutanoraptor on a Flow, but that’s an older tyre I think.

What’s the actual problem, can’t get it on over the rim? You know the basics I assume, tyre needs to be right down into the rim bed as otherwise you’re literally trying to get a round peg into a smaller round hole.

willv

Yep just can’t get it on. Tyre is in the middle, starting opp valve etc

Bust one plastic lever so far. Try again tomorrow I suppose but internet suggests I’m on a loser.

swanny853

I think the new wtb tyres have joined the geax TCS tyresin being too tight to get on stans most of the time, which is a shame.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wtb tyres and stans rims’ is closed to new replies.