Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • wtb rocket v worn out. which replacement?
  • jonyb
    Free Member

love my rocket v titanium railed saddle, but the covers starting to dissapear and it creaks like mad.
    i understand they have a tendancy to creak so i am looking for a different saddle with the same comfort. any ideas?
    thinking of the selle italia max flite gel?

mrvear
    Free Member

When my rocket v died I bought another one.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

SDG bel air is close

Stoner
    Free Member

I used to be a rocket V fan (seemed to fit my arse nicely), then got a charge spoon. Very happy with the change. Not sure how light they go though, and IIRC the premium for Ti rails is mad given the minimal saving in weight.

coatesy
    Free Member

No creaks from either of mine, bought another when one wore out, kept the old one to get it re-covered at some point. Saddles are very personal things, i’d stick with what you like unless you can get a test ride(ridden umpteen Belairs, and outside of Fizik’s Gobi, have been one of the most uncomfortable i’ve ever used).

P20

I’d buy another rocket. My current one is 7yrs old. I’ve got a spoon on the other bike, it’s ok, but not as comfortable as the wtb for me

bigyinn
    Free Member

coatsey, any pics of the recovered Rocket V? Id be interested as I have a Ti railed one with a worn out cover which I’d like to rejuvenate. If you dont mind me asking, howmuch did it cost to do?

jameso

Another rocket, or the volt which is the same top shape with slimmed-down side profile. If you really like the rocket there’s not much else that can match the shape, if anything ime.

nbt

I’ve got two rockets on my MTBs and two spares in the parts bin. ON the CX I’ve got a specialized BG that’s pretty close to the rocket

66deg
    Free Member

I have a nearly new rocket V ti that i d’ont get on with, chucked it on the spare bike but if anyone want’s to make an offer i’d be happy to sell.
    simonsterritt@yahoo.co.uk

coatesy
    Free Member

Haven’t had it re-covered yet, not got round to dropping it off at my local upholsterers, but he did a vinyl cover on a children’s saddle for £10 last year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘wtb rocket v worn out. which replacement?’ is closed to new replies.