Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • WTB light or tough vs Maxxis EXO
  • stevied
    Free Member

Never had WTB tyres before but keen to give the new light/high grip Convict a go on the front.
    Fancy trying a Vigilante on the back too so just wondering how the WTB casings compare to Maxxis.
    Always run EXO so I guess I’d be better going for the tough WTB?

strangey13
    Free Member

Think it depends where you ride really. I used the toughs on my fs in the highlands but also used the lights on a hardtail round Dalby and the moors. Think the toughs were a bit stiffer than EXOs but the extra weight is worth it for fit and forget.

kimbers

Tough is great, stronger then echo ime, but a bit heavier too

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi

Im running a pair of WTB Vigillantes on my FS bike now. I started with Maxxis high roller 11 but wanted a Minion on the front. This was when it was tricky to get hold of Maxxis a year or so ago. I stuck the Vigillante on the front as it looked to have a similar tread pattern, compound and was tubeless ready.
    Recently after a spate of side wall punctures on the Highroller that was on the back I boght a new Vigillante for the rear.
    To try to avoid the damage I opted for the tough casing version.
    Recently did a road trip to Scotland riding Torridon, Glencoe etc. Had no problems and the grip seemed good in varied conditions.

The thing I would look out for is there seems to be loads of different versions of each tyre. high grip, fast rolling, tough, light etc.

looking on WTB`s site it seems the high grip is about 45 duro so the same as a maxxis super tacky. i wouldnt want to drag that around on the rear.

Also I tried a trail Boss on the rear fast tough. It was hopeless on the back when you were braking it just lost all grip and locked the wheel too easily

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘WTB light or tough vs Maxxis EXO’ is closed to new replies.