Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wrong number of spacers on the DS HT2 BB…
  • Kryton57

What may be the issue, if I remove one of the spacers? Reason is, on my SS the chainline is slighly off. Moving even the smallest rear hub spacer is too much, but removing one of two DS BB spacer/washers would bring the front ring in enough to straigten the chain onto the rear cog (it runs with the inside plate of the chain rubbing on the rear cog).

As long as the crank isn’t hitting the chainstay – is it fine?

woody2000

Just remove it and put it on the other side, be fine

righog
    Free Member

On My SS with HT Bottom bracket I have 1 spacer on the drive side and 2 on the non drive side, to get a better chain line. TBH I should also get some more spacers for the hub as the drive line is still not that good, but it has not been a problem yet.

Northwind

Some cranks will be happy if you just run one less spacer, others you’ll need to move it to the other side to keep the axle the right length.

woody2000

I should have said – move it as opposed to remove[/i] it, the spacers pad out the bb width to accomodate the crank spindle. If you remove it, you’ll get play.

Kryton57

Woody thats makes sense. RigHog – except for the fact I’d have perfect aligment in myu case, thats how my setup would be.

Excellent, a job for the weekend.

Dickyboy

no problem with a 73mm BB but on a 68mm BB I wouldn’t be so keen myself – a non drive side cup has 10mm thread, with one spacer active thread = 7.5mm, with two spacers active thread = 5mm, whereas a drive side cup has 12.5mm thread to accommodate the extra spacer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wrong number of spacers on the DS HT2 BB…’ is closed to new replies.