Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wrong bike in the wrong place pic thread…
  • epicyclo

While we sit around arguing which bike is best for a purpose or what wax is best for our moustaches, it’s worth bearing in mind that you can take just about any bike anywhere, it’s just harder.

In fact if you look at where folk were taking their bikes 120 years ago, all their bikes were wrong. 🙂

The wrong bike in the wrong place is my major vice, and I’m sure I’m not alone in a weakness for following any interesting track regardless what bike I’m on.

So how about we post up our wrong bike in the wrong place pics.

I’ll start off with these:

Dahon Hammerhead (singlespeed) on Great Glen Way. (It’s also been round the ‘Puffer a few times 🙂 )

1930s rod brake roadster around the ‘Puffer track (only recommended if you have strong control of your fundamental sphincter 🙂 )

Giant Bowery fixie/SS on gravel track in Far North Queensland (when your only tool is a hammer… 🙂 )

Ditto, bush whacking in rainforest going up 1,500 feet.

Dahon Groove totally out of its depth

A Dahon folding bike reaching very high (or why I really need a gravel bike 🙂 )

So let’s see your pics…

nedrapier

Love that last one. It’s got a Saga holidays feel about it!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Are you trying to prove a point or just attention whoring?

aracer
    Free Member

Yay to that – I’ve taken my carbon monocoque TT bike off roading (and done a TT on my susser). Sadly no pictures, so is a cycle OK rather than a bike? Because this is the wrong “bike” almost everywhere…

(me and a few friends at CYB)

epicyclo

aracer – Member
    …so is a cycle OK rather than a bike?

Couldn’t get wronger. Brilliant. 🙂

Scienceofficer – Member
    Are you trying to prove a point or just attention whoring?

The thread will quickly die if it isn’t interesting to some people.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wrong bike in the wrong place pic thread…’ is closed to new replies.