Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wrist supports?
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

so after an enormous blunder i've managed to break both my wrists and my left collarbone. had 1 wrist and the collarbone plated so will be back in the saddle as soon as physio gets some strenght back into my arms/hands.

probably best if i get some supports for my wrists and was wondering if anyone has had experience of such things???

TiRed

Ergon GP1's set at 30 degrees to the horizontal. Will look a little strange, but I find them great for relieving pressure on the wrists. Unless you have huge hands, get the Small size.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Why not ask your physio?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Got appt at fracture clinic on wed so will probably be getting physio appt then, just wondered if anyone had experience of supports…

toys19
    Free Member

I broke my left wriost in march, usde 661 race like this click
    they seem a bit insubstantial but make all the differnce. go once size up to fit over gloves.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Cti the knee brace people do some nice but very expensive ones. Depends how bad the breaks are and which direction you need the support in.

aracer
    Free Member

I got a wrist support on the NHS – not sure I'd want to wear it riding though. The issue isn't really support for the wrist either, but the vibration and loading you'll get going through, which a wrist support won't do anything for – it will only really do any good if you come off again, and I'd suggest you should avoid any riding which has even the remotest chance of coming off for a while. In fact you really would be far better off in the long run postponing the off road riding for rather longer than you want to.

Kuco

When I knackered my wrist/thumb I used the same as toys19 and found it helped for riding and gym work.

Kamikirk
    Free Member

CTI are now Allsports. Expensive but very strong and extremely good support with flexibility on degrees of movement/support. I went for them not for feedback and reviews from MTB but from Motorcross as i wanted the greatest degree of support realisticaly possible.

I wont ride without mine after smashing my right wrist. Lot of money for the pair but comfy to ride in I (dont realise im wearing them till i need them. Guess it depends on your outlook but cheap for the money if they prevent one broken wrist in the future. 6-8 weeks off work will cost a lot more!

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I also use the 661 race guard, not had any problems with it yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wrist supports?’ is closed to new replies.