Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wrist heart rate sensor for use with Trainerroad/Strava thats not a watch?
  • _daveR
    Free Member

Does one exist? It seems difficult!

The only ones I can figure out would work are
    – the Fitbit Pulse (too much of a watch)
    – The Mio Fuse (too big, only HR)

And not much else!

What I want is something like a Fitbit Charge HR/Jawbone UP but that can be used as a bluetooth HR meter for workouts in real time.

Any suggestions?

eltonerino
    Free Member

Mio link or for a few pennies more Mio velo. DC Rainmaker First Look

I think the only difference is an ant+ to Bluetooth lte rebroadcaster.

Scosche RHYTHM+ is another option. DC Rainmaker Review

_daveR
    Free Member

Thanks, but the Mio options don’t do general fitness tracking and the Scoshe is too bulky!

Really does look like what I want doesn’t exist!

eltonerino
    Free Member

Ahh, I thought, from the title, that you were looking for just an HR monitor.

How about the TomTom Spark?

mrchrispy

wahoo tickr is bluetooth (and I believe ANT+)
    ive one and its okay

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack, but I’m after something like this myself and have been looking at Fitbit HR – either via their own app or Strava/MyFitnessPal.

Do they not work in realtime? I thought they continuously synced with your phone?

eltonerino
    Free Member

I don’t know about the Fitbit HR, but the first two I’ve mentioned transmit to a phone or Garmin or whatever but don’t store anything. If something isn’t recording it, the data is lost.

P-Jay
    Free Member

eltonerino – Member

I don’t know about the Fitbit HR, but the first two I’ve mentioned transmit to a phone or Garmin or whatever but don’t store anything. If something isn’t recording it, the data is lost.

That’s a pain, I don’t fancy running around the gym like a wally with my phone in my pocket.

_daveR
    Free Member

Spent a bit more time reading up on this and am pretty sure what I want isn’t available.

Requirements for me are
    – small form factor, UP or Fitbit Charge HR at most
    – usual tracker functionality
    – sleep analysis
    – not a “watch” based solution as I’ve got proper watches.
    – HR sensor that would work in realtime via Bluetooth

The last one and the size seem to be the issue.

The Fitbit Pulse does everything except it’s a watch and too big. There’s a Mio device that works in real time, but it’s too big for day to day imo.

So, I’m sticking the the UP3 I bought earlier for day to day and I’ve bought a Mio Link for the HR duties when I’m riding.

isitafox
    Free Member

Fitbit Charge HR is what you want, screen to view HR in realtime, pretty small, monitors sleep and can link to your Strava account.
    I’ve got a Jawbone UP24 and considered getting the 3 but from following them on Instagram all I ever see is people reporting problems. My wife has the Fitbit which she uses when running and the HR function is great especially afterwards when she can see what zones she hit etc.

chudsy
    Free Member

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/health-fitness/vivosmart-hr/prod531166.html
    Would this do what you want? I’ve been looking for something that will pair with my Edge 510 and do fitness/sport tracking. So far I’m leaning towards the vivosmart hr, fr235 or a fenix 2. There doesn’t seem to be a device that does everything I’d like.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wrist heart rate sensor for use with Trainerroad/Strava thats not a watch?’ is closed to new replies.