Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wrist braces for people with proper wrists
  • slowbloke
    Free Member

In order to allow me to ride for longer whilst my wrist is still recovering does anyone know of any wrist braces that work for people with hands like shovels and large wrists? I tried the 661 Pro and I can’t get it over my hand even with one of the plates removed. I tried a wrap around one from Boots but that doesn’t provide enough support for more than about an hour. Of course the other alternative is to man up and put up with the discomfort but I’d rather not re-injure my wrist when I’m almost fully recovered from a distal radius fracture. The other good thing about a brace is that gloves don’t go over them which reminds me constantly that should I crash then landing on my hands isn’t a good thing!

ton

xl aircast wrist brace. pricey but worth it.

soobalias
    Free Member

I tried one (distal radius as well) but couldn’t get on with having my forearm locked in a straight line with my hand

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

In order to allow me to ride for longer whilst my wrist is still recovering

Recovering from what?

If you’ve broken it, wearing a brace so you can get back on the bike soooner is just stupid

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I blew my wrist apart a while back and now use an AllSportDynamics brace. It’s comfortable and gave the wrist support while I was strengthening it.

Still use it for protecting the wrist from further injury.

slowbloke
    Free Member

FunkyDunc

If you’ve broken it, wearing a brace so you can get back on the bike soooner is just stupid

Obviously the consultant looking after my wrist who is medically trained doesn’t agree with you 😉

slowbloke
    Free Member

Thanks ton and Bigman – some good suggestions there from a quick look. I’ll check them out.

soobalias – I know what you mean, it isn’t ideal so ideally I’d like something with a little more movement. I’ve got full movement back in the wrist and it’s mostly OK but could just do with a bit of support while the muscles get bulked up.

oldtalent
    Free Member

TLD one did me proud whilst recovering from injury.

chaos

My wife’s used a snowboarding wrist support glove inner thing with some success. Might increase the options when out trying them on if you try the outdoors shops.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Obviously the consultant looking after my wrist who is medically trained doesn’t agree with you

Ask them for one that supports your injury?

The other problem is too much too soon can kill growing bone, it needs some vibration to stimulate strong growth but too much results in non-vascular bone. I know this from painfull experience!

I had a 661 brace (and I wear XXL gloves) when I did my arm/wrist, the problem is if you have a brace that supports it enough then you can’t grip the bars because the palm bit is solid plastic.

Turbo trainer and/or TT bike untill it’s better.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

As per last post wearing a brace too much too soon will hinder healing, and mean more Physio, and weaken the wrist for longer.

Just wait until it’s healed before riding

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wrist braces for people with proper wrists’ is closed to new replies.