• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wren Kitchens – shower of ……
  • jools182
    Free Member

We’ve had a lot of problems with a new kitchen that we got from Wren

To summarise a bit:

– Worktop arrived damaged, and they asked us if we could ‘hide’ the damage by cutting deeper mitres where they join

– Floor cupboards too small so we lost a metre of storage space (500mm each side)

– Boiler cupboard wrong size – just will not go over the boiler mounted to the wall

– Corner wall cupboard door too big – they’ve asked if we can ‘cut it down’ 😯 bearing in mind it’s a gloss finish

– Shelves in lower cupboards were loose because there are not enough holes for the shelf fixings – 2 fixing holes which were both at the back of the cupboard so we ended up drilling holes for another set

– Tall oven unit is unfinished at the sides, has no gloss on sides, finish is very poor and exposed to water from the sink there

I’ve emailed, phoned and now sent letters to head office and the branch we got them from

They still haven’t resolved any of these problems, it’s been around 6 weeks since we first told them about these problems

Is there any way I can take this further? I’m running out of ideas apart from ripping it out and dumping it at their front door 👿

dashed
    Free Member

Paypal gift? 😉

sandwicheater

Suggest go into the store and speak to the manager. Don’t leave until you have a date/time it will be sorted.

It won’t help but we had a WREN kitchen and no problems to report.

angeldust
    Free Member

That does sound bad.

On the flip side my neighbour, who installs kitchens, tells me that he has done a few from Wren, and they have been very reliable to deal with, and good value for money.

TomB

How much of the total have you paid?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Had a kitchen fitted a few months ago. He hasn’t even followed up with a call to ask if there were any problems of which there are 1 or 2 that I would like addressed at some point (Little Things)

Thing is we are now approaching 3mths later and no contact at all. Not even asked us for payment yet!!!! Is this normal? The money is sitting there waiting but I will be damned if I am chasing him up to charge me

porlus
    Free Member

Not kitchen related but staff related here. Was driving from York to Beverley a few weeks ago and got stuck behind a long line of traffic with a wren kitchen car in front of me. Driver was driving like a massive bell end. Really aggressive to other road users. Good advert for the company. Would have been enough for me to not consider then if I was looking for a kitchen.

jools182
    Free Member

I was considering withholding payments until this was sorted, however I looked into it and our agreement is with barclays bank, not wren 👿

hora
    Free Member

OP the previous (elderly) owner of my house paid 9k for kitchen units (no appliances etc). The same units that you can pick up in B&Q supplied and fitted by a similar outfit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wren Kitchens – shower of ……’ is closed to new replies.