Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Would you sell this for £885?
  • horlicks@hoxton
    Free Member

Because I wouldnt

Ebay link

Intense frame
    XTR build
    Current Revs

I just wouldnt sell that for just under 900 pounds
    If it was knackered then maybe but it only looks a few rides old

The fact that the seller only sells with private auctions is open to discussion too

But more to the point an Intense is the kind of bike an enthusiast would buy, somebody who might use this type of forum in fact, so people would you buy a bike like that from a private auction for that price without asking questions?

Or did I just miss the bargain of the year?

radoggair
    Free Member

Or did I just miss the bargain of the year?

Possibly if your colecting it from his house and not a car park. Could also ask which bike shop built it up for him and then check with them if its legit??

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looks in pretty good condition but Intense don't do model years as such and the XVP is an old model now having been replaced earlier this year by the Spider 2 and FRO (the decals are the same as my old 06 Tazer). CRC do still have stock at £1150.00/frame though.

Aidy
    Free Member

Nothing in that advert screams dodgy.

If a seller puts something up as an auction with no reserve, then they're presumably accepting the risk that it might not go for as much as they want.

Strange that people are questioning if the seller would sell at a given price, when it's effectively the buyers who set the price here.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Its in Dudley, say no more.

scraprider
    Free Member

lol hippy.

MrTall
    Free Member

I'd be surprised if it was for real. More likely you'll be met at the pickup by a few guys in masks who'll batter you and nick your cash…. It's been happening in London apparantly with false car sales.

I was bidding recently on a Ventana 29er that turned out to be a scam (the eventual winner was on another forum saying the bloke was asking for payment via money transfer and me and another chap got a second chance 'buy it now' offer.

Of course you may have just missed a bargain from somebody who didn't put a reserve on and expected it to go much higher. Depends if the pickup was from his home or somewhere else….

avdave2

It must be legit as it appears they are able to use the English language in a form I recognise and they have a nice garage door and keep the drain free of leaves which is a sensible precaution at this time of year.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

well, the drivetrain could have worn out, the forks are nearly two years old so could potentially need a full service, maybe even stanchions/bushings. Rear shock will almost certainly need a service, and all the bearings might need replacing. The brakes probably need bleeding and a service too.

So 885 doesn't sound that bad. All that stuff might not need doing, but he hasn't stated its all been done so i'd assume the worst.

Most bikes i've asked questions about have never had any shocks serviced or even simple maintenance like cable replacement done on them, even expensive ones.

rob1984p
    Free Member

What a bargain! seller was probably just unlucky and the private listing thing is probably just an erroroneous setting as he doesn't use his account that often. He's also bought bike consumables in the past further reducing suspicion.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

regardless of anything he knows the parts and has listed them well, he has said paypal or cash, looks 100% legit, just bad luck he did not get more, people are only jumping on that ad because it sold under a grand, the seller did not do that he just did not add a reserve and looks like he has been very unlucky but thats the current market for you! he has also brought heli tape and jag wire cables so is obv a biker!

backhander
    Free Member

The bike is split and is being sold in parts on bikeradar.
    Totalled up, the parts are listed at ~£1500 odd. Not bad.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

The listing was ALL IN UPPERCASE – so definitely dodgy/and or knicked.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

It is also for sale in parts on the classifieds here isn't it?

freeform5spot?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Would you sell this for £885?’ is closed to new replies.