Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • would you p/x your fs frame for a titanium ht frame?
  • racefaceec90

my 10 anthem x2 is a great bike,but have been thinking of swapping the frame for a lovely charge duster titanium.as i ride mainly the ridgeway/marlbrough downs/salisbury plain,the terrain isn’t the most taxing to be honest.have never owned a titanium bike before (always have lusted after one).i am happy to loose the rear suspension (and when it gets really cloggy chalk in winter.would be better on a ht also/cheaper to service as well).what would you decide? thanks in advance 🙂

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I would. Doesn’t sound if you need full suspension and a Ti hardtail should be much lighter.

rob2
    Free Member

Yes. I have an old ti456 and it’s great. No doubt it will snap but it’s nice at the moment.

Have you looked at…

Pipedream sirus ti
    Genesis altitude ti ( looks very nice)
    Brodie holeshot ti

?

mboy
    Free Member

Personally no

Own an XC full sus bike, and a Ti hardtail, both are great, but I wouldn’t swap the one for the other if I could only have one bike.

Ti really is a bit of a myth to be honest. Does it ride better than steel? Maybe 1-2% difference, and 1lb or so weight saving. In your position, buy a cheap steel frame to build up as a second bike quite frankly! I think if you sold your full sus bike to buy a Ti hardtail, you’ll probably be quite disappointed.

Besides, those Anthem X’s are about as fast and efficient as full sus bikes come anyway…

Zoolander
    Free Member

in a word no
    in two words hell no ❗

We dont have the most taxing terrain round this way for sure (not far from salibury myself.) but having recently gone from hardtail to full sus – I cant see me going back (not even for posh ti shiny stuff).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘would you p/x your fs frame for a titanium ht frame?’ is closed to new replies.