Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Would you like you eyebrows trimmed Sir?
  • Terrydactyl

Just had my hair cut, 3 on the top and 2 on the sides, after she had finished she asked if I would like my eyebrows trimmed. WTF?

thomthumb
    Free Member

they must be massive! 😯

Albanach
    Free Member

Always get that myself and I don't have eye brows like that lad in mean machine 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I wasn't aware such a service was available at the barbers – I shall certainly ask next time I go! Anything to prevent the Dennis Healey effect 🙂 With age, eyebrows try to make a bid for freedom before the withering carcass they're attached to perishes…

darrell
    Free Member

just get it done and stop being a wuss

djglover
    Free Member

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

like that lad in mean machine

the governer ? That was the exact person I was thinking of too :o)

Terrydactyl

I was staggered, never been asked this in my life, my eyebrows are normal, I think?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I was asked that and I also heard other punters asked when I last went to the barbers.
    This shocked me cos I had just 'plucked' mine 😉

Olly
    Free Member

did you have your hair cut sitting next to a fanny in a pink polo shirt and bottled tan, and pay 40 quid for it?

Albanach
    Free Member

aye that's the lad, what a set!

did you have your hair cut sitting next to a fanny in a pink polo shirt and bottled tan, and pay 40 quid for it?

Single figure haircuts all the way except for 2 just before my wedding.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I thought it was fairly common practice in good barbers shops.

cynic-al
    Free Member

pics?

I get mine done every time, they'd make me look 40 otherwise.

GrahamS

Yep I always get mine done – otherwise I'm left with short hair on my head (no.2) and massive eyebrow caterpillars.

Nowt poncy. Most normal, red-and-white-pole barbers will do this if you ask.

I also have a nose/ear hair trimmer at home that has an attachment for keeping eyebrows in shape.

midlifecrashes

A GrahamS, no 1 cut for summer, eyebrows and back of neck shave. Normal practice here, good way of getting extra value for my £3 haircuts!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think the trouble with eyebrows is the hair grows at random angles, so a really long one can be lurking under the others and then suddenly spring out twice as long 🙁

cranberry
    Free Member

Sometimes get mine done as well as getting a shave.

However, the first time my Turkish barber tried to set fire to my ears scared the shit out of me.

( what they do is take some very long tweezers, grip a bit of cotton wool and soak it in meths, light it and tap it against your ear – bingo, no more ear hair, though you might need a change of undies the first time.)

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I was asked once, a couple of minutes after the guy doing it caught one eyebrow with the clippers!

Terrydactyl

Wow, I clean out nose and ear hair but never thought about eyebrows, what sort of men have we become?

stumpy01

There's a great barber in Cambridge on King Street called Celik who does the whole set fire to your ears thing. It's a little weird the first time, but rather pleasant.
    They do proper wet shaves & all sorts in there. Shame I don't live in Cambridge anymore!!

footstomper
    Free Member

Thats the guy who announces the Gladiators in the same film, he always reminds me of Dennis Healey.
    One guy who used to work for us had eyebrows just like the above and also coming out his ears & nose (Dirty B–tard)always complained that women wouldn't go out with him (wonder why?).

TooTall
    Free Member

Congratulations upon what appears to be your first proper barbers experience. This is the sort of service expected when a chap has a hair cut – along with ear and nose as required.

I presume you have been making do with some sort of metrosexual jey salon up until now?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

You will be getting an anal bleach next :-0

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

dunno, my new barbers doesn't even do the neck shaving bit 🙁

Fen_Downhill
    Free Member

@ Stumpy01

King Street's never been the same since Dirty Derek's closed down in the late 80's/ early 90's. All the barbers down there now are all a bunch of fancy Dan's.

GrahamS

what sort of men have we become?

The sort of men who care about their appearance?

amatuer

Yep. Had the same experience for the first time earlier this year at the same barber i've been going to for years. Gave the bloke a horrified look and politely declined.
    Sad fact is, I went home and trimmed them myself. Seems the older I get, hair appears where I don't want it and disappears from where I do. Don't really want to join my wife at the waxing salon to my back done.

bassspine
    Free Member

eyebrowS ?

normal people only have one eyebrow! (Mine happens to run round and join on to the top of my beard, but hey, I'm just extra lucky 😉

GrahamS

Seems the older I get, hair appears where I don't want it and disappears from where I do.

Yerp… I have a theory that I'm not actually going bald. I have the same number of hair follicles, it's just that gravity is slowing pulling them all southwards.

If man lived long enough then he would be eventually be entirely hairless everywhere above the knees.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Terrydactyl at the hair dressers

"would you like me do trim your eyebrows love"?

grynch
    Free Member

I'm the proud owner of an electric beard trimmer
    and electric hair clipper ( bought last week on recommendation of STWworld)
    and… electric eyebrower clippers with a special nose hair attachement

whoooo hooooo

what next?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Can you DIY eyebrow trim then? With the hair clippers? What grade?

GrahamS

Before buying a proper Philips NT9110 eyebrow/nose/ear trimmer:

I just used a comb and hair clippers. Brush eyebrow backwards against the growth with your finger; slip comb down through the hairs to lift them up and stop you trimming too much; run clippers over the comb with no guard attached (i.e. grade 0)

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Steady hands required then. I might have to have a drink first

Dobbo

Should have treated yourself to the Back, Sack & Crack deluxe option.

grynch
    Free Member

this is my baby.. the head shown is for fine line mustashe trimming.. but it's crap.. the other heads are for nose hair and eyebrow.. with special guard…
    http://www.conair-store.com/imagesEdp/p19772b.jpg

GrahamS

grynch: impressive, but slight overkill IMO. The Philips one is a tenner and works off a single AA.

GavinT
    Free Member

It's a sign of age.

I generally trim any obviously over long eyebrows myself but last haircut I got asked if I'd like them done. Thought 'why not' but regretted it immediately. Cut them far too short for my liking and have been waiting for them to recover ever since.

grynch
    Free Member

graham.. that kit puts on a good show.. but it was only about £12 in Asda,
    or was it Tesco?

just by the way.. mrs. G shaved off her eyebrows for a punk do back in the day…but they never grew back… she's just got hints of eyebrows and has to draw them in everyday.
    *chuckle*

beanum

Terrydactyl – Are you SuperGreg in disguise?? 🙂

SuperGreg

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Would you like you eyebrows trimmed Sir?’ is closed to new replies.