Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Would you let your wife do this????
  • MaxWall
    Free Member

Attach one of these…

to a frame of this pedigree??…

I have built the bike up for her using my old Zaskar LE Team frame but should she be allowed to attached the bolts and plates etc required to put my 2 year old son on?? She does have a hybrid bike with seat on the back!!

longweight
    Free Member

The answer is just no

Ambrose

I would think she might be more comfortable on the hybrid anyway- more sit up and beg type posture, giving littl’un more room.

Also- and VERY importantly esp. if you are ever going to use this kind of set up. I used a very similar seat with my son- it is fantastic riding like this, loads of closeness etc- but a sharpish stop forced me to move too far forwards and I hooked my knackers over the backrest. No fun at all. I modified the seat the very next day.

swavis

Yeah, if it means the little one is getting out on the trails 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

yes.

Dazed
    Free Member

If it’s now her bike, and she wants it, I don’t see how you could deny her. …But you can always tell her you think it’s a shame blemishing your old pride and joy that way.

haddock
    Free Member

No! use the hybrid!

julianwilson
    Free Member

is the tubing thick enough to cope with being clamped and then sat on at those points? The middle of the downtube on my maxlight xc pro is thin enough top be able to squeeze in and out slightly with your fingertips, i can’t imagine that the zaskar le was built much heavier/chunkier than that?

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Will she be taking it to Wales at the weekend?

schwimoid
    Free Member

I would say no, not because its on a nice bike jsut because i think those things are quite unsafe, wife falls off, over the front of the bike, all the weight goes on the baby/childs head and neck. Even though that metal frame is behind the seat i dont think it could withstand the weight.

Just got for a seat on the back.

Reluctant
    Free Member

No. Those seats are horrible things and I’m not sure you can get one with brackets big enough to go round those large diametre tubes. If they’re just a little undersized, they pinch horribley and Zaskar tubesets were never designed to have stuff bolted to ’em like that. Don’t even think about it please!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Would you let your wife do this????’ is closed to new replies.