Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Would you let your girlfriend stay in a hostel in south africa?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

So you can’t buy the frame you want because you are paying for her to go on holiday with her mate, over new year, while you twiddle your thumbs at home?

She must be smokin’ hot!! Or crazy little thing called love?

ps. i’ve been to Capetown a few times, she’ll be fine in a decent hostel. Cheap Hotels would probably be worse as they are used by hookers!

gobuchul
    Free Member

Why are you paying for her to go holiday without you? Seems quite strange to me.

grum
    Free Member

One that comes to mind is ending up in a South American squat party type thing after deciding to go out drinking with two Irish lads who were doing cocaine off a cd case when I arrived in the room….

Think this kind of thing might be the reason he doesn’t want her staying at a hostel! 🙂

a comment about shooting through the bathroom door? Standards are slipping STW, they really are….

Read the thread again!

tron
    Free Member

I read an article in the Guardian last week that mentioned that someone is raped every 4 minutes in South Africa. Wouldn’t be my first choice for a holiday.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Cape Town and to the South is lovely, Gordons Bay, stellenbosh all that and the food is amazing.

I’d go back in a heart beat!

perchypanther
    Free Member

I read an article in the Guardian last week that mentioned that someone is raped every 4 minutes in South Africa.

Poor Oscar! Won’t somebody help him? The conditions in these prisons…

cbike
    Free Member

I went to South africa and stayed with White european expats. They were paranoid and no doubt robberies happen but I suspect if we had gone just ourselves we would have had a much more relaxing experience. Their Interactions were often tinged with aggression, whereas we had no problem.

Parts of London will be far more dangerous.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Some folk on here are still drunk on sexism righteousness after another thread and can’t focus on this topic beyond “oh, he thinks he owns his female”!

I’d be super worried in your shoes, whether justified or not. And I’d hope my wife wouldn’t LET me do the same if I’d suggested it! There are nicer places to go in this fine world that don’t have such social issues. Saying that, I’m sure parts of Glasgow have similar crime levels, if a bit less gunny.

beefheart
    Free Member

South Africa???

I won’t let her leave the kitchen!

agent007
    Free Member

Paying for somewhere nicer to stay is probably whats going to happen, but given I’m paying for the whole trip already, and so far this little jaunt has cost me the equivilent of that shiney new Carbon Bronson Frame I had my eye on, and am no longer available to afford, I’m slightly peturbed that decent accomodation hasn’t already been factored into the budget.

But why on earth are you paying? If I go on holiday with my other half then sure, I’d happily pay if she couldn’t afford it, but if she’s going on her own trip without me then why on earth pay for her? Okay so I don’t know what sort of relationship you have, could be totally wrong here, but sound’s like you’re being taken for a mug?

tpbiker
    Free Member

But why on earth are you paying? If I go on holiday with my other half then sure, I’d happily pay if she couldn’t afford it, but if she’s going on her own trip without me then why on earth pay for her? Okay so I don’t know what sort of relationship you have, could be totally wrong here, but sound’s like you’re being taken for a mug?

Yep…very wrong. She was palanning to go on her dream break, all booked then ran into som cash flow issues. I offered to help her out, she never asked. I was asked if I wanted to come along, as mentioned its not something I was interested in.

besides – Whos paying is irrelevent..all I wanted to know was would it be safe for her or should I be worried. Appears I’m worrried about nothing. Thanks for all who have offered advice

ta

m0rk
    Free Member

My only experience of hostels is from the Inbetweeners 2 Movie, so other than mace and maybe a small weapon you should probably stock up on antibiotics.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

she really should have turned your offer down, or insisted on paying you back.

That is love right there.

just saying.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Would you let your girlfriend stay in a hostel in south africa?’ is closed to new replies.