Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Would you have the cojones to do Stairway To Heaven, in front of Led Zeppelin?
  • CountZero

They did…

YouTube
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JK_DOJa99oo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJK_DOJa99oo [/video]

druidh
    Free Member

Ann & Nancy

BoardinBob

Led Zeppelin don’t have the cojones to do Stairway in front of anyone

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That version was pretty good, & I think Bob & Jim’s faces said, ‘that was pretty good’.
    My all time fave track, grew up with it. ‘Danced’ to it. Snogged to it, & did most other stuff to it, waaay back in the day. 🙂

Mr_C
    Free Member

Nice version of a true classic. Also like Foo Fighters’ version of Rock n Roll from the same night.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Dl_0l6zs8[/video]

Kid Rock murdering Ramble On however was an absolute travesty.

fenred
    Free Member

Plant looked like he was about to spontaneously combust, Page looked like he had chronic wind and JPJ spent the entire performance trying not to piss his pants!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I like Rodrigo y Gabriela’s cover

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNc5o9TU0t0[/video]

CountZero

Lol at druidh! Nancy’s certainly ‘cuddly’ these days. Loved them back in the day, especially Dreamboat Annie.
    Crazy On You and Magic Man are still big favourites of mine, and get regular airings.

druidh
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQDJ45qJHBQ[/video]

CountZero

BoardinBob – Member
    Led Zeppelin don’t have the cojones to do Stairway in front of anyone

Is that right?
    Celebration Day
    Track Listings
    Disc: 1
    1. Good Times Bad Times (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    2. Ramble On (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    3. Black Dog (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    4. In My Time Of Dying (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    5. For Your Life (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    See all 8 tracks on this disc
    Disc: 2
    1. Since I’ve Been Loving You (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    2. Dazed And Confused (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    3. Stairway To Heaven (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    4. The Song Remains The Same (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    5. Misty Mountain Hop (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    See all 8 tracks on this disc
    Disc: 3
    1. Good Times Bad Times (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    2. Ramble On (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    3. Black Dog (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    4. In My Time Of Dying (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    5. For Your Life (Live: O2 Arena, London – December 10, 2007)
    See all 16 tracks on this disc
    Disc: 4
    1. Celebration Day Concert Rehearsal Footage

Rubber_Buccaneer

To the OP, yeah sure. Why not?

RustySpanner

Never understood the reverence for Stairway.

Overlong, takes itself way too seriously and the lyrics are just sixth form bollocks of the highest order.

Shame, it’s a good album otherwise 🙂

Would have been a far better band if theyhadn’t been so successful, Jimmy had stayed off the smack and they’d taken themselves far less seriously.
    In the pretentious asshat stakes, only Metallica give them any real competition.

JoeG
    Free Member

I’m rarely a fan of cover tunes and tributes by other bands…

But WOW! 😯 That was pretty damn good!!! 😀

I love Zep and have most of Heart’s albums as well.

I know that the Wilson sisters worked with John Paul Jones on some of their 90s or 2000s albums. Now I gotta dig out some of those Heart CDs for a listen tomorrow!

Edit – so we’ll start with The Essential Heart 2 CD set. First track, Crazy on you!

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆

zippykona

It was passable till the backing singers kicked in. I don’t like backing singers.

BoardinBob

Is that right?

Aaah. i thought Plant refused to sing it because he hated the lyrics. I saw Plant and Page twice in the nineties and he refused to sing it then

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I just loved barracuda when it came out

MrsToast
    Free Member

Ann and Nancy are ace.

If you liked their Stairway cover, you might like their cover of The Battle of Evermore too.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWhf98pFeUs[/video]

I saw Plant and Page twice in the nineties and he refused to sing it then

No Stairway? Denied!

JoeG
    Free Member

They do Zep’s Rock and Roll as well. Its okay IMO…

I watched some of the videos on YouTube from their Big Hair Days. 😯 Lots of hairspray and shoulder pads for the chicks back then! 😀

Inbred456
    Free Member

Got most of Heart’s early stuff. Saw them at Wembley Arena where Thunder supported them, got a bit all Diane Warrenish at the end. Love the early stuff. Heavily influenced by Zep. Ann has to be one of the finest female rock vocalists I’ve ever heard and Nancy is just a great all round guitarist especially when it comes to the old finger picking, superb.

Harry_the_Spider

I saw Rolf Harris do Stairway To Heaven on the same bill as Robert Plant at Glastonbury. It was shit, but so was Plant.

CountZero

Ah, Battle Of Evermore! Love that, the only Zeppelin song to feature a vocal by a non-band member.

CountZero

Just watched the video MrsToast posted up; stunning performance, and rather supports what Plant once said about Zep being at heart a folk band. I certainly agree with what Inbred456 said about Heart getting a bit Diane Warren-ish, that’s when they really lost me. Saw them at the NEC, and they put on a fantastic show, but it had really lost sight of what they were best at.
    They’re back touring again now, and recently had Shawn Colvin supporting them, and joining them on stage; I think they’ve gone back to their earlier roots, and they were touring as a duo for quite a while, just as Ann and Nancy Wilson.
    I’d really like to see them again, in a smaller venue.

JoeG
    Free Member

VH1 did an episode of Behind the Music about them which is on Youtube in 4 parts.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqpgc1G_yY0[/video]

Edit – having trouble with the video imbed, dunno why…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Would have been a far better band if theyhadn’t been so successful, Jimmy had stayed off the smack and they’d taken themselves far less seriously.
    In the pretentious asshat stakes, only Metallica give them any real competition.

This is where I like my musical naivity, I don’t really care what the folk singing music are like, nor do I care what they do in their spare time. If I like a tune I like a tune, if not – I ignore it. I don’t worry about who’s pretentious and who’s cool, who’s using what drugs and why.

It’s also part of the reason I don’t generally like going to gigs, too many people take too many things too seriously and too many bands are awful live.

Lifer
    Free Member

You’re just seeing the wrong bands.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Would you have the cojones to do Stairway To Heaven, in front of Led Zeppelin?’ is closed to new replies.