Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • would you give up MTB if….
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

they privatised the NHS and you had to hand over moneyz everytime you hurt yourself?

its an expensive hobby (compared to violent masturbation, tiddlywinks or freerunning) but the costs of repairing broken bodies, let alone being recovered from the woods in a helichopper is a teeny bit more than replacing a mech-hanger!

would it put you off riding anything other than bridleways?

DezB
    Free Member

No, I wouldn’t give up and what’s so safe about bridleways?

philconsequence
    Free Member

bridleways have horses on them lethal-D, and its a well known medical FACT that you’re less likely to damage a kids face when there are horses around, thats why the police have em.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nope, consequences are not for me. Much a like a criminal never thinks they’ll get caught, I never think I will crash.

DezB
    Free Member

Police have kid’s faces? I though they all looked younger these days laddie.

binners

I’d take up a hobby where if it went wrong you proceed directly to death, do not pass expensive injuries 😀

camo16
    Free Member

Ah, the cheap pleasures of violent masturbation…

** leaves office in a whirl of excitement. Returns, depressed and deflated, with tiddlywinks.

😀

crispo
    Free Member

Nah….if youve got to get insurance anyway then just make sure it covers biking.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s a question for the insurance company…. do you drop the premiums because the health benefits of the activity or raise them due to the risks.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Ah, the cheap pleasures of violent masturbation…

Not always pleasures. A friend of mine was indulging whilst in the bath with such voracity, he snapped his banjo string.

His mother heard him yelp, burst into the bathroom and fainted on the spot thinking he’d slashed his wrists.

rocketman
    Free Member

would you give up MTB

i’m sorry I don’t understand the question

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not always pleasures. A friend of mine was indulging whilst in the bath with such voracity, he snapped his banjo string.

His mother heard him yelp, burst into the bathroom and fainted on the spot thinking he’d slashed his wrists.
    Really struggling to stifle a real LOL!

sangobegger
    Free Member

biking versus masturbation – don’t they both f~’k you up?

mboy
    Free Member

This is a weird one, as I know the potential pitfalls of coming off your bike don’t bear thinking about, but I’ve got 16 years of MTBing under my belt now, a few scars to show for it, but never once been to hospital because of anything I’ve done on a bike!

I’ve fractured my wrist playing cricket though… And thought I’d broken a thumb! My Dad broke his finger pulling a weed out of a flower bed the other week (but then they’ve found out he has a condition in his bones that needs operating on now!)…

I’d carry on riding for sure…

philconsequence
    Free Member

biking versus masturbation – don’t they both f~’k you up?

they both provide the same reaction from women when you tell them your hobbies when speed-dating.

camo16
    Free Member

they both provide the same reaction from women when you tell them your hobbies when speed-dating.

But, on the other side, they can both really keep you in trim!

D0NK

Had more injuries from occasional 5-a-side than from a lifetime lot of biking, never give up cycling, have kinda given up 5aside tho.

If privatisation happen and if they start doing private heli pickups and stuff are they going to refuse cheeky riders? “Drag yourself to a legal trail then we’ll come get you, not insured otherwise, health and safety innit” 😉

Solo
    Free Member

“It’s a dangerous business, Phil, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

😉

franki
    Free Member

Do most people end up in hospital from MTBing then?

Probably jinxed myself now, but I’ve been riding mtbs since 1989 and, although I’ve boken ribs on several occasions, have never crashed badly enough to bother to seek hospital treatment.

Hmmmm…Wondering if that makes me:

a) Supremely skilled
    b) Very lucky
    c) A Doulbe Hard B*****d
    d) A bit of a mincer, riding-wise?

willard

No, onanism only keeps your forearms in trim or, if your technique is poor, one of your forearms.

Also, a pro MTBer would probably get a lot more respect than a pro-masterbater. Well, maybe. Or not.

DezB
    Free Member

Do most people end up in hospital from MTBing then?

I have! Busted neck. I didn’t need no stinkin air ambulance – I walked to the hospital 8)

perthmtb
    Free Member

I live in a country where they do charge you for an ambulance ride – trauma department, certainly sir, will that be cash or credit card? Hasn’t stopped me crashing my brains out each weekend….yet.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i wouldn’t give up, as solo says everything is risky. at least with riding i would’ve been doing something fun to end up broke/in a wheelychair, whereas driving in reading rush-hour traffic could not be my favourite way to end up disabled!

Haze

Nope, never once needed the hospital through a biking accident.

Been there a few times through skateboarding.

camo16
    Free Member

Hey, we’re all invincible, right?

I’d still do it. But I’d MTFU and walk home no matter what the injury was.

Solo
    Free Member

I’d still do it. But I’d MTFU and walk home no matter what the injury was

Oooo. I think some folk on here will be able to impart some stories of injuries you will not walk away with regardless of who much mtfu’ing up have accomplished.

HOwever, for some, if it isn’t just a teeny bit dangerous.
    Then it aint worth doing…

As the old saying goes:

LIFE !.

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY !.

😉

camo16
    Free Member

I’d still do it. But I’d MTFU and walk home no matter what the injury was

Oooo. I think some folk on here will be able to impart some stories of injuries you will not walk away with regardless of who much mtfu’ing up have accomplished.

No doubt.

My comment ^^^^ relates to ego perception, rather than MTB reality.

Sometimes I find myself long regretting
    Some foolish thing some little simple thing I’ve done
    But I’m just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood

Steve-P
    Free Member

I’ve nearly worn out one of my hips through cycling – 20+ years of aggressive hill climbing has taken its toll on my body.

I tore some cartilage in my hip about 18 months ago. An MRI diagnosed the tear and also identified a lump of bone on the top of my femur that, through so much cycling, has damaged the hip joint and now preludes osteo arthritis.

I’m 37 and built my first bike in 1994 (A Ridgeback 705RS)

It took over a year of NHS fumbling to get to the MRI scan – now having private health care I’ve had corrective surgery, and am currently on crutches and bored sh!tless at home.

I’ll pay an excess on my health care – and will continue to pay for it… but will continue to mountain bike – if not a little less aggressively on the climbs…

S!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d still do it. But I’d MTFU and walk home no matter what the injury was.

Pfffttttt, pussy, I MTFU’d and rode my bike down the rest to the decent, on to the station, caught the train, then rode back up Sheffield to Crookes.

I then couldn’t ride a bike for 2 years and struggled with walking at times, so maybe not the best plan!

redthunder
    Free Member

“Banjo string”

LOL and others in the room when I read it out 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

Yowser!

** Rethinks MTFU policy and ride home **

Solo
    Free Member

Camo 16.

Excellent post.

😉

I then couldn’t ride a bike for 2 years and struggled with walking at times, so maybe not the best plan!

😯

geordiemick00
    Free Member

But, on the other side, they can both really keep you in trim!

Beg to differ, if I was as trim as I should be (on the masturbation theory) I would be 8stone and not 18 😛

camo16
    Free Member

Beg to differ, if I was as trim as I should be (on the masturbation theory) I would be 8stone and not 18

That’s cos you’re not doing it right!

😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

No, and whats a bridleway? is it like a footpath only bigger?

philconsequence
    Free Member

bridleway – noun:

a slang term for a married womans vagina. example: ‘i took her up the bridleway, then her hubby came home’

EDIT – i am not being misogymathingy, i’m an equal opportunities idiot.

derek_starship
    Free Member

is it like a footpath only bigger?

Why aren’t they called feetpaths? You don’t get that many people hopping along them.

clunker

I would wear a padded suit

AdamW
    Free Member

I would wear a padded suit

That’s a bit kinky isn’t it? Most people prefer not to get so sweaty when doing the excessive masturbation bit.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have a club foot, I hooble on footpaths.
    I have on occasion worn a bridle too, not on a way mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘would you give up MTB if….’ is closed to new replies.