Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Would you "flatline" to see if there is life after death?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

You have a full rescus' team around you with all the necessary cardiac drugs, oxygen therapy, defibrillator – the works. Would you let them stop your heart to have a peep into the afterlife?

tron
    Free Member

No.

hainey
    Free Member

Nope, seeing as they now believe that any lights, tunnels, etc is down to you having high levels of CO2 in your blood, seems pointless.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Once you've flatlined, there's no bringing you back. You need a wiggly line for that.

nbt

roper
    Free Member

That's not death.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh yeah that sounds like a great idea.

I might try it sometime.
    😯

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And of course, as there is no afterlife there would be nothing to see would there? You die, you are dead, that's it.

Sorry.

midgebait
    Free Member

Definitely not. Have you not seen Flatliners? Crazy fool!

samuri
    Free Member

No, you get to constantly see all your sins when you come back to life. And that's something I don't want to go through again.

chewkw
    Free Member

Flatliners … one word Shite!

Would you let them stop your heart to have a peep into the afterlife?

Nope. Don't you have other things to do with your life?

😆

terrahawk
    Free Member

yeh, I reckon it'd be ace.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

death-lite ??

coffeeking
    Free Member

Well since thats only your heart motion, not clinical death, you'd neither see the afterlife nor do anything special (happens to loads of people day in day out). But no-one comes back from clinical death as far as I'm aware, once that's happened it's like pulling the plug on a learning algorithm – all contents are wiped.

meehaja
    Free Member

Defib wouldn't help a flatline, caridac drugs might not work (difficult to test on humans, theoretical evidence only) CPR breaks ribs, bruises/ punctures lungs and generally isn't very nice, but you weren't asking about a medical geek-off, so in answer to your question, I think I would "test" death, but i thin its just like being knocked out, only you don't wake up. Electric shocks feel weird though… only ever got a 240V shock, but if I could safely push it i might…

tyger
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – easy mistake to make 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There was an article about previous people who'd done this in newScientist, though they did actually properly die for good.

I think one left a message in an evelope and said he'd try and talk through a medium to tell people what it is.

it didn't work.

thepurist

Been there, done that. Unconscious, blue, not breathing, no detectable pulse… and I saw nothing. Just felt warm and fuzzy as I was waking up – and very confused as to how I got where I was.

backhander
    Free Member

meehaja, see if you can pick up a Megger cheap.
    Shock your socks off with little/no chance of death (High voltage, very low current).

willard

Been there, done that… Ok, only for a short while, but I can't remember seeing anything. No lights, no visions, nada.

Maybe it was the drugs they gave me to stop the restarting hurting so much.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

me too, sitting up with heart monitor on, felt a bit funny and noticed monitor slowing down…. next thing, i'm lay on my back, my vision comes back and i notice someone looking in to my eyes. at first it was like looking through really thick obscured glass that then got clearer and clearer, at which point i noticed half a dozen hospital staff around me and mrs mcgroo in tears.

when i asked what was wrong she told me i died, from sitting up i slumped back on the bed eyes wide open no heart beat. the alarm on the machine went off, a nurse came in just thinking it had become disconnected but when she saw me it was action stations, i was out for 2 minutes or so.

as for after life… nowt (not that i would have expected anything as it's all bollocks). what i will say is that i didn't notice a time lapse between leaving and returning (obviously as i was dead), it's not like sleeping, to me i just went from sitting on my own to lying down with loads of people around me in like a nano second. it was ok but i've avoided doing it since 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

great story, stu – glad you're here to tell it!

mudshark
    Free Member

So there is life after death. Stu died, now he lives.

coffeeking
    Free Member

It's really interesting to hear you effectively lose your grip on time though. You'd expect it really, but somehow it seems odd.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

mudshark – now he lives.

yeah but i wanted to come back as a dog or cat (no work, 2 meals a day etc) but i came back as myself!

coffeeking, the time thing was strange, the last thing i remembered was that the monitor gave a constant beep (as oposed to the short beeps). mrs mcgroo said it didn't do that it just stopped beeping, so i'm assuming that the lights went out mid beep and my brain never heard the end of it.

Drac

It's really interesting to hear you effectively lose your grip on time though. You'd expect it really, but somehow it seems odd.

Yeah why can't dead people tell the time?

thepurist

Stu – if you have another 8 goes you can prove you're a cat!

I have no idea how long I was out for either – damned annoying that people running around trying to save your life don't think to start a stopwatch, these things can be important to know when you wake up!

Talkemada
    Free Member

Just take some Acid instead. More fun and safer.

qwerty
    Free Member

this is dying:

a mate had a huge MI and arrested 3 times in the back of the ambo – each time was shocked back into immediate NSR & GCS15 by the slightly concerned paramedic, my mate was oblivious and just apologised for having pissed himself

my mate explained the sensation as when your tummy goes all funny when you go over a humped back bridge in a car or down a steep drop

FACTOID

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

I'll ask my sister as she has one of these. (Real photo btw, that is hers, no photoshop involved)

Her heart keep stopping…………………………….and then starting again. Completely randomly, longest flatline was over 15 seconds. She'd been flatlining constantly for several years before she got her new best friend. She should have died several times over. How the **** she's still alive is a mystery. All fixed now though, and she's doing the London marathon this year. 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

this is dying:

I went on that slide 20+ years ago! My mum's friend told me to stop being such a little shit. (I didn't).

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Cant remember any white light or anything, TBH, but I only lost consciousness for a short while – though my heart attack was due to trauma during a motorbike accident, not due to a chronic condition or anything. The only 'odd' part of it all was that when I saw the car pull out in front of me, everything after that seemed to happen in slow motion. I cant say that my life flashed in front of my eyes or anything, it's just that (as I recall) everything seemed to get really quiet (until the almighty bang when I hit the car, that is), and I 'knew' I wasnt going to walk away from it. I cant remember any pain or anything, despite multiple fractures of the pelvis and four broken ribs. To be completely honest with you Derek, I'd much rather not go there again. Having said that, I quite enjoyed the film.

Talkemada
    Free Member

All fixed now though, and she's doing the London marathon this year.

Excellent! 😀

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Would you "flatline" to see if there is life after death?’ is closed to new replies.