Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Would you buy something from the classified
  • juan
    Free Member

From someone that have NEVER posted on the bike or chat forum.
    I have seen a couple of things but they are too good to be true i shall say. Dodgy content?
    I was liking the old forum better.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

If the person had never posted other than on classifieds, then no.

DezB
    Free Member

I bought my HJ from a guy who'd never posted before or since. Batfastard his name was. Sold me the frame and disappeared without a trace.
    So, yes. Usually a few emails exchanged and you can tell whether they are genuine or not..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ask about, somebody may know them.

Who is it?

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Juan you have been a regular for quite a while now and a majority of people that post on the classifieds are regular too, I have sold a couple of frames and other bits and bobs. Ask for pictures so you know they have the bit they are selling. If its big money arrange to meet either somewhere neutral or in my case they have been to my house. You'll generally get a feeling if something is a bit dodgy or not.

fozzybear
    Free Member

i always check the profile if it's a name i don't know.

MS
    Free Member

Email the guy, get a phone number so you can give him a ring, get some pics. Should be genuine after that. If still in doubt pay with paypal normal not gift and you will be covered.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I usually check how long the have been a member for and what they have posted. I have had no trouble from the classifieds personally.

stupot
    Free Member

I personally would be very careful, especially if it sounds too good to be true. Even with someone's e-mail and phone numbers it is still very differcult/impossible as I found out when buying a set of cranks that never arrived! Over stuff i have collected and paid cash, old fashioned but safe?

MS – How doe's pay pal protect you? Is it like using a credit card

chvck
    Free Member

I don't mind buying from people who have never posted in bike and chat so long as they have a bit of a history posting in classifieds. Some people just don't post in bike and chat because they just can't be bothered to get caught up in all the stupid arguments etc…. I have a mate who is like this, but he uses the classifieds.

MS
    Free Member

Paypal, isnt it just like buying off of ebay, as long as you pay paypal the fee i think it works. You say the item that is being sold, if it doesnt turn up paypal will cotact the seller etc and i think you get your money back.

I may be wrong though! Ive never actually used it!

Leigh
    Free Member

i wouldnt have a problem with buying off some one that only posts in the classifieds.
    i generally use and post in there alot more than i do in the bike and chat.

theboatman
    Free Member

First and only post, I would steer well clear, but if they just used the classifieds I wouldn't be worried. I find my interest in the bike/ chat forum comes and goes, there is never a great deal change of content, but I do like looking a pic's of folks bikes!

t1nt1n
    Free Member

I'm new and have only posted once – as a wanted advert. I'm on Retrobikes with the same username and have been posting there for a while. One way of checking people is to email their eBay account, that sorts out the tealeafs!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy something from the classified’ is closed to new replies.