Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Would you buy a second hand helmet?
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

I've got a Giro Xen (matt black, size large) that I bought in the summer that I would like to replace. It fits me fine but is not really what I am after anymore from a helmet. I can 100% guarantee that it has never been crashed or even dropped and has been stored away from UV etc. I haven't even used it that much at all.

Would you buy it?

I'm interested in peoples thoughts on this

tails
    Free Member

People do I have seen giro xen sell in classifieds before, but you don't wanna miss out any knocks in the description if it has any.

Wookster

**** no!! But some one will for sure mate!!!!

ratadog

No way ( and it would fit ), but agree that unfortunately there is some one out there who will take the risk.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No.

Thread closed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No
    Helmets have a short lifespan measured as a few years and you may say its never been dropped but I don't know that. IMO you shouldn't even try to sell it. Its just wrong to use second-hand safety equipment.

mudsux
    Free Member

yes.
    and have done so as well.
    it certainly wasn't going to be any worse than the helmet it was replacing.

solamanda
    Free Member

Lots of people will.

Me, never. I won't lend out a lid either.

Taff
    Free Member

I bought a second hand troy lee that I knew I had only worn once. It's a difficult decision to buy second hand as damage can sometimes be invisible ie under the shell. I wouldn't bother selling or buying a second hand helmet that originally cost under a ton

matt_outandabout

No.

Lids are not *that* 'spensive really. Not worth the risk (or someone else's sweat) for a few £, when you could buy a new one from lower down the range.

roughneck
    Free Member

are you mental!!

duntmatter
    Free Member

Some bloody strong opinions here!

Cue: further bloody strong opinions

Driller
    Free Member

If you've got a cheap head, buy a cheap helmet!

Some things aren't worth saving money on.

glenncampbell

Would never buy a second hand helmet – not worth the risk and I am worth the cost of a new one!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a second hand helmet?’ is closed to new replies.