Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Would you buy a Diesel?
  • br
    Free Member

I ride my bike into Birmingham everyday and see huuuuuge long lines are of cars, sat in traffic slowly belching out fumes, and in about 3 miles from Great Barr to the flyovers I very rarely see more than one person per car. [/I]

But those folk could’ve come 40 miles already, not everyone wants to move when the job moves and/or you have to find another job.

prawny

Half the people that work in Birmingham think that Cannock is in another country.

Fair enough if there’s no choice (although I’ve heard some train stations even have car parks now), but I see most of those cars still with frost on the windows in the winter.

tazzymtb

if they come up with a hybrid truck that do 400 plus miles on one charge/tank, whilst towing a couple of tonnes or having about a tonne of kit in the rear of it then I’d happily give it a go. As it is diesel is what I’ve got to use for work. Can’t use public transport as it doesn’t go where we need and you cant haul kit so basically I’m a fully bunny killing, lung destroying planet mangler and there is bugger I can do about it. 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

so basically I’m a fully bunny killing, lung destroying planet mangler and there is bugger I can do about it.

Don’t worry about it – the comments clearly aren’t aimed at you. There will always be exceptions, at least for the forseeable future.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Definitely a hybrid.

I’d love full ‘leccy but I’m not they quite have the range yet, nor that the infrastructure is in place yet?

Solo
    Free Member

I have a large car, powered by a Euro 6, diesel engine.
    While it would make less sense to power that car with a petrol engine, I would have liked the choice. The OEM which produces my car for sale in other markets, offers my car with a petrol engine, not available in the UK.

If by some horrific accident of fate,I “needed” to drive a small car.
    Yes, with latest petrol developments, I believe that after the appropriate vacinations, I could, drive a small petrol powered car.
    Although I suspect it would be some sort living hell.
    **shudders**

So, if I’m buying a large, heavy car, it would be the cleanest diesel.
    smaller car would not be diesel.

Oh and the villification of private diesels cars is unsurprisingly over looking the older Euro engined commercial vehicles.
    The current fleet of black cabs in my city emit such a dense, toxic fune, that I’d suggest haters start there!

sc-xc

I just picked up a Nissan Leaf. I commute 10 miles each way, and use the car to run the kids around. It’s perfect. I commuted on bike for years, but got hit/knocked off too many times that I have lost my nerve on the roads. This feels like a good compromise,

When we change the family car next year, I’ll go for the biggest hybrid I can find – the Mitsubishi Outlander looks ok, just need something that we can drive off a charge for day to day (my wife uses the big car to get to work and back), but with the range that a tank of fuel will give us for holidays.

The moment an electric car is made with a 400 mile range is made, I will never visit a pump again. It can’t come soon enough.

Sandwich

Carrot hasn’t worked

Jasper hasn’t for a while but his daughter is/was in the archers as Hayley.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a Diesel?’ is closed to new replies.