Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Would you buy a butt ugly car?
  • matt_outandabout

I went to look at. Tourneo Connect Grand today. The demo car was poo metallic brown copper.
    What a brilliant car.
    But by heck it is ugly.
    Would you?
    (And what’s the petrol 1.5 ecoboost like for mpg and service cost?)
    Edit: evidence

trail_rat
    Free Member

Many cars on the road are ugly….imo.

Anything by dacia , anything by skoda , anything by vauxhall , anything by chevrolet and any people carrier

How ever this can be offset by its practicality, there for that tourneo is far superior to a fabia or a disastra.

I love my ugly cars , hiding under the tailgate getting change , slot full bikes in the boot and drive off. Throw lots of shit in take it to the tip , throw seats up and take 4 mates somewhere….

allthepies
    Free Member

My Fiesta is that colour, Copper Pulse 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

Looks fine to me, so yes obviously.

nuke

We test drove a Skoda Roomster Scout…during the test drive we stopped, got out, looked at the car and thought we just couldn’t do it. 😳

Didn’t help the salesman (Skoda dealer) describing them as ‘popemobiles’ adding ‘they’re not popular sellers’ 🙄

CountZero

anything by skoda , anything by vauxhall , anything by chevrolet and any people carrier

I don’t consider either of those to be ugly cars, neither is the Tourneo, which is just a plain utilitarian vehicle.
    I don’t think this is ugly, either:

I don’t think this Vauxhall people-carrier is particular ugly:

chewkw
    Free Member

OP, you called that ugly? That looks very nice.

😯

scotroutes

I owned a Multipla.

And sold it to someone on here.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I’d describe that as “functionally designed” or “purposeful”.

Northwind

Half of STW would own an uglipla if it didn’t have a face that would curdle milk.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not all Butts are ugly 😉

That Tourneo is fine, even the colour.

A Roomster, Multipla, SsangYong Musso or Rodius though, noooooooo!

beej

I bought a couple, in my opinion. Fiat Coupe, Impreza WRX wagon. You can’t see the outside (much) when you’re sitting in it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Already did 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    … SsangYong Musso or Rodius though, noooooooo!

That thing is hideous! My eyes! My eyes! 😆

I bought a couple, in my opinion. Fiat Coupe

What are you blithering on about you fool, the Fiat Coupe isn’t ugly! 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

Who gives a shit about what cars look like ? really ,get a life they are just for getting you from A to B or are there loads of vain folk with personal plates on here ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Yes, yes there are. 🙄

Who gives a shit about what cars look like ? really ,get a life they are just for getting you from A to B or are there loads of vain folk with personal plates on here ?

Oh, please give over with your self righteousness.

Clothes are just for covering your body

Houses are just a roof over your head

Etc…

Shock horror, nice looking things give people pleasure in whichever way they see fit.

mudshark
    Free Member

My Roomster’s prettier than me…great car:)

Jeezuus mudshark, do you crack mirrors? 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

They are all ugly imo count.

The people carry the least ugly !

Are you drunk TR?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nope the windscreen on that vx is horrible , yellow is not a colour for a car and they stopped designing that skoda at the screen scutttle , the front end is horrible.

At least the people carrier isnt trying to be “fast”

khani
    Free Member

We’ve got a Doblo, the most butt ugly car ever! It’s so ugly I takes me want to weep when I look at it, even Jesus says it’s gopping! Elvis left the building when he looked at it…
    But.. It’ll carry two sea kayaks on the roof, two bikes, kayaking kit, bike kit, four dogs, two big tents, all the camping kit, a camping fridge/freezer, cooker and gas bottle, pots and pans and us and our shit, and do 45mpg all day?
    I’d buy another tomorrow..

RustySpanner

We’ve got a Doblo too.
    I actually think it looks great, but I realise I’m pretty much alone in that opinion.
    One of these, the , er, good looking version.

🙂
    Edit – Great minds Khani, great minds……..

So, yes, ugly cars are great.

But not poo brown ones.
    Ever.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

In the eye of the beholder and all that.

I like the Roomster, has some charm.

The Rodius is just offensive, just wrong.

Torneo? Utilitarian. A bit too much going on but basic shape ok and the lines flow. Very interested in how it drives (what sort of suspension does it have?) Could be a viable alternative to the Caddy Maxi next time round.

Practical vehicles rock

molgrips
    Free Member

45mpg all day

People say things like this.. but are there any cars that will get a certain economy figure in the morning, but not in the afternoon?

jimjam
    Free Member

I really like that brown/copper colour. Would love me one of these in it

khani
    Free Member

My Panda does less in the morning and more in the evening
    but that’s probably cos I don’t want to be late for work…

joolsburger
    Free Member

OP that car is OK but in black, white or something, anything other than brown.

spooky_b329

I didn’t think Vauxhall had an ‘ugly’ car in their current/outgoing range? Even the facelifted Agila wasn’t too bad.

New Ford Transit though, I think thats going to take a while to grow on me. Its got a huge shapeless front with a gopping big grill and wierd squiffy headlights.

I like the Honda Ionized brown, we were shopping for a red one but saw a brown one, I liked, wife wouldn’t even consider it. Dealer mentioned how unpopular they are and how much value it knocks off on the forecourt 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

Cheap house ,crap car no mortgage or finance more money for beer, holidays and other important stuff like um ,beer and holidays oh and bikes !!

I don’t get Ford’s current obsession with their ‘gaping mouth’ corporate grille – it makes most of their range look a bit odd at best.

dansdaddave
    Free Member

I might buy a butt ugly car for practicality if it was 2nd hand, I’d never buy one new, there’s just no need for that sort of crazy. Unless you want to start minicabbing, then that Tourneo is perfect.

ryan91
    Free Member

I like how I’m the third Doblo owner to congregate on the thread about ugly cars. My Doblo has an honest charm, it is what it is and makes no attempt to be anything it isn’t. The Tourneo has that same appeal, there is style in doing what you want and not being worried about what other’s think.

I’d love to have a go in one of them Tourneo’s for comparison, if they steer similar to a Focus, and more power could be extracted from the 1.0 ecoboost, it would be a winner for me !

fathomer

Next door has a yellowish Tourneo Connect Grand, it’s pretty nice. I’d love one. Or a Berlingo, but being a company car driver I can’t 🙁

Edukator
    Free Member

The latest Ford grill seems to be a modern take on the Mk 1 Cortina

and mustang

The latest Ford grill seems to be a modern take on the Mk 1 Cortina

Yet they manage to be pretty……

Not sure you’ve hit the nail on the head there though

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

yes. not particularly that car, but I do just buy a car to do a job, ie not to admire/show off in or gain approval. did buy a schoolboy flame in recent years but got all precious over it, so was potentially life-sucking. Luckily (?) it was soon beaten into scrap by other road users.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a butt ugly car?’ is closed to new replies.