Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Would you buy a 2011 Reverb with no bleed kit?
  • jambon
    Free Member

Kinda tempted at CRC’s price but don’t want to fork out for a bleed kit.

If it does need bleeding on arrival can this be done without then kit?

And are they really unreliable or is that the winging of the vocal minority.

Any thoughts welcome.

willber
    Free Member

Mine came without a bleed kit and needed bleeding. Any avid bleed kit will do – inc the cheap ones off eBay.

Id say go for it – they are mint

Trimix
    Free Member

Buy it. Mine has been 100% reliable since last April. Ridden twice / three times a week all winter.

As Willber says, any bleed kit will do, but I would be surprised if you need to bleed it unless you make a hash of shortening the hose. You may not need to shorten it anyway.

sunnrider
    Free Member

I bought a bleed kit last week from “epicbleedsolutions ” on ebay.
    Reverb specific, oil,syringes and fittings. It was only 15 quid.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/epicbleedsolutions/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

I actually shortened the hose without bleeding when I got the seatpost originally and it was fine all summer.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Just wanna point out that a reverb uses suspension fluid not dot fluid. So any bleed kit will do as long as it has the right fluid in it.

pottsathome
    Free Member

Have none of your mates got reverbs with bleed kits

skywalker
    Free Member

Would you buy a Reverb

Nope

Pieface

If the cost of a bleed kit is less than the price difference than one with then its still cheaper

rickon
    Free Member

Why don’t you buy from Germany? £180 for end of 2011 model – so with threaded barb, and the insert into the post, and hydraulic brake hose not plastic.

Or £205 for the 2012 model, with…. a black collar 😉

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/misearch.html?serchform=directsend&query=reverb&x=0&y=0

I’ve bought two from them, and arrived in two days. Better than CRC then 😉

Also, I didn’t need the bleed kit – just make sure you push the barb in a little way before screwing it back into the hose or you’ll lose some fluid.

They come with the right mounting for just bar mounted, and for MMX too.

xcentric
    Free Member

except you then have to post them back to Germany to get any warranty work done if it’s needed, unless you have a very friendly lbs.

Paceman
    Free Member

Fisher Outdoor Leisure / SRAM UK will service them and deal with warranty issues from what I’ve heard.

jambon
    Free Member

Bugger, that discount place does the 6″ travel KS shock that I’d prefer, looks like I’m going to be even poorer…

Thanks all.

geologist
    Free Member

Ive got 2 reverbs, The first one needed bleeding straight out the box, and needs bleeding monthly. The second one is like grease lightening and hasnt been bled yet (and ive used it 2 times per week, since september).

So by my reconning, its hit and miss wether you will need to bleed or not. 🙂

Netdonkey

If you have a avid brake bleed kit then no. The only difference is the fluid used and you can buy it separately.

jamesco

I’m not getting it with this bleeding all the time, mine has never been bled ,but a quick puff of air revs up the return a treat, put the full 250psi into it and you’ll have a permanent choristers voice, it lifts off like Apollo 13 .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a 2011 Reverb with no bleed kit?’ is closed to new replies.