Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Would you buy a 112.000 mile mini copper !
  • As above has been one owner since new 07 (company car) and know the lady who has driven it from day one (slowly)
    Full service history and no problems she has know about .
    Price around £4000

What do u think !

Ps have two cars/vans with over that on them so not bothered about the miles it’s just do they make good high mileage cars ????

Cheers j

PrinceJohn

no – they’re horrid pointless hairdresser cars.

stumpy01

I wouldn’t buy a Mini. But if I was looking for one, then buying one with that mileage wouldn’t put me off.

It’s getting on for 6yrs old so the annual mileage isn’t astronomical & will probably have been longer distance drives, rather than to the shops and back.
    I’d be more worried buying a car of that age with 30k miles on it.

scaredypants

112,000miles ?
    I had no idea they were so durable

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

Hatefull litle cars , leaking radiators , power steering faults , noisey steering column bearings , dodgy gearbox’s , knocking top strut mounts front and rear , front lower arm bushes failing . I had one the other week with a brake light fault, lifted the carpet to find an inch to water sitting in the footwell .

I personally don’t think they’re that nice to drive either . But that’s just me .

craigxxl
    Free Member

The wife has an R56 Cooper S and I don’t think we’d have another after this. Build quality is nothing special, parts are on the expensive side and wind noise is something from 70’s car design. Much better cars out there for the money which will be satisfying to own.

takisawa2

Crkey…!!! 🙂

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

4k!!!! Hell no. My neighbour struggled to get rid of his with 45k on the clock. Eventually sold for 3.5k

totalshell

4k is faaaar toooo much.. i’d figure 2.5k tops.. there is a recession on. its an unreliable car with high mileage,, whats to pay top dollar for?

Daffy

As a counter to the above haters. I’ve got a R55 Cooper S Clubman and think its a great little car.

Once the runflats are gone it’s lovely to drive and pretty powerful for its size, there’s a generous ammount of kit (well, there is on this one anyway) and parts are pretty cheap. On a long run it’ll do over 50mpg if you’re careful and easily does high 30s and low 40s on my commute. It only needs serviced every 18-20k miles and Tax is less than my Panda 100hp.

The Clubman is also surprisingly practical – I can get 4 adults in it with 4 bikes on it and there’s still room in the boot for a days gear.

Nothing has gone wrong with mine other than the satnav drive which was £70 to fix.

I do however think that £4k is too much, I only paid £7k for ours and it has 31k miles on it.

totalshell

nice looking car daffy.. mrs tts likes the look so much shes trawling ebay now..

maxtorque

Only if it’s not a bent copper……….. (which at 112k it might well be 😉

Northwind

I learned to drive in a Cooper D and as much as I wanted to hate it, I couldn’t, it was really pretty nice… But no, wouldn’t buy one personally.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I was going to say abso-bloody-luletly, but then I saw you meant the BMW (we will never build a front wheel drive car) Mini. I wouldn’t buy a zero miles one personally.

Edit: And if they’re going to copy model names, why did they name the estate the Clubman instead of the Traveller. The Clubman was the flat fronted Mini.

AD

Probably because there were Clubman estates too – my first Mini was an X reg flat fronted Clubman estate, not a traveller (try googling ‘old mini clubman estate’). Travellers had a load of wooden extra bits to rot…

Anyway back on topic – price seems high but mileage wouldn’t particularly bother me.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Mrs m.feet is on her 3rd mini cooper, very girly cars, but great fun to drive. The TLC packs are worth the cash too. She loves hers. Boot is pointless, however the seats do drop down to offer some space.

carbon337
    Free Member

id rather less power and a panda 100hp

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

We have a Mini Cooper S JCW R53 ( bit of a mouthful) but has had the usual mini failures, such as sump gasket, power steering pump etc. Most problems with this type of mini are well documented. Later cars dont have electric steering , so thats cures that and also probably dont have the cooper Midland gearbox. If it hasnt had a clutch that maybe due soon.

Thanks to all above for your views
    Looking to change our e46 325i touring (wifes car) as don’t need that much space now + would be nice to have a slightly cheaper to run car as well .

Right it’s only had a light bump ( police car backed into it) and had it repaird
    most of the miles have been on the motorway as well.

Is the mk2 a better all round car than the mk1 ?
    It’s cream with black roof/ air con etc and in top cond

radoggair
    Free Member

for 4k, if you want reliability, practicality, 30+ mpg, spacious and fun, why not try a

type r

hoodie
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy an early mk2… We had one that had to have a new gearbox, eventually under warranty. Don’t trust mini service history either, a blind monkey would service your car more dilligently.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a 112.000 mile mini copper !’ is closed to new replies.