Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • would you be able to fit 650 B wheels on a normal 26er frame and forks ?
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

just a thought as I have a hardtail with fox 120 forks and wondered if this was possible ? and also to save money !

cheers

PaulD
    Free Member

X-Fusion claim their 26″ forks are OK for 650b.

Check the rolling radius and you may be OK with your Foxes.

PaulD

cynic-al
    Free Member

.75″ extra…I doubt it unless you use narrow tires, which would be a bit pointless.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

its almost too good to be true really …I think fox are bringing out a 650b fork ?

PaulD
    Free Member

Check the rolling radius of the wheel and tyre combo….If you can run 26×2.5″ you may be able to run 650b x 2.1″ or possibly 2.25″

PaulD

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

oh I see how it works now ..well so stans flows can take that I think, so should be ok ish

d45yth
    Free Member

What frame have you got? All Fox forks work with 650b, not sure with what tyres though. Have a look on the 650b thread on MTBR and the 650B Palace website…I think both have lists of what frames and forks are compatible.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

my frame is a 2012 ns surge so it has plenty of room I think

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

thanks for the info guys ….big help 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

There’s a big ol’ list of compatible frames on mtbr. It seems forks are the real problem, but not for much longer.

I’ve got to say, I’d be tempted if I had the funds to change fork as well as wheels.

Here it is

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

It seems that fox forks are ok so that would save money too !

gee
    Free Member

Your forks will fit in terms of the arch. You also mut check your specific wheel/tyre/fork combination fits under the crown at full travel by letting all the air out and leaning on the fork.

If you have a hardtail, it’s just a matter of trying the wheel in the frame.

GB

boltonjon

Richie – you need full suspension, not more wheels!!!

Happy Birthday though 😀

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

cheers clucas ….see you out on the trails 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘would you be able to fit 650 B wheels on a normal 26er frame and forks ?’ is closed to new replies.