Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 268 total)
  • Would you accept £10 to be silenced? (classifieds feedback).
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Gimme an r R
    Gimme an e E
    Gimme an f F
    Gimme a u U
    Gimme an n N
    Gimme a d D

mashiehood
    Free Member

realman – give Jimmy his money back and restore peoples confidence in you selling and the classified’s! I sell and buy stuff from here and rarely have a bad experience. Otherwise its karma time!

deluded
    Free Member

It’s fair to say that RealMan hasn’t covered himself in glory with this transaction.

Best thing to do would be for him to make proper reparation, along with a donation to the classifieds forum. Once that’s been done all should put it down to experience and move on.

Hopefully this thread doesn’t descend into a hate fest for people to get all third party righteous and indignant over.

RichPenny
    Free Member

What’s that spell?

REFUND

Do the decent thing fella. I’m pretty slack about such things but even I wouldn’t describe those as very very good condition.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I would describe them as well used.

Realman, give the guy his money back.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can I get a Refund?

Bo Selecta I tell thee!

I think this thread is quite funny. But then, I’m not involved, so I would. 😆

Best thing to do would be for him to make proper reparation, along with a donation to the classifieds forum. Once that’s been done all should put it down to experience and move on.

I think the best thing to do would be for everyone else to butt out as it’s got flip all to do with them, and they’re not helping the situation in any way, only inflaming things further. Speshly Onion.

One thing that hazunt bin ascertained, is, and this is really quite important, is:

Beyond some relatively minor cosmetic marks as far as we can tell, do the brakes actually function properly?

scaredypants

and this is really quite important, is:

Beyond some relatively minor cosmetic marks as far as we can tell, do the brakes actually function properly? behave, Effin’

That’s not “really quite important” in this situation – that is a fundamental requirement and ANY honest seller should state if something isn’t fully functional

It’s about description “very very good condition, no marks or signs of wear” That is very important to some people, either just for looks or else as a sign of the level of use (and care) they’ve had.

jimmy

do the brakes actually function properly?

Kinda irrelevant as my whole point is that they don’t fit the description in the advert. Speaking of which, I noticed this:

I think my description is fairly irrelevant

How would the description in an advert ever be irrelevant? *continues to amaze me*

Plus, they have not been fitted to a bike yet to be tested. I wouldn’t want to scratch them now, would I?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Can I get a Refund?

Bo Selecta I blah blah blah

OK, thanks for that.

loum
    Free Member

What has been established?

Front and rear for sale, these ones

No they are not.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Hmmmm – wonders if money has been spent and that’s why no refund….

haggis1978

so can we see pictures of the callipers or not? have to say that small scratch on the lever doesnt look bad to me

jimmy

He’ll just have to send back his shiny new XTs for a refund, then.

Haggis – clicky

Kevevs
    Free Member

best thing is to get your sisters best of hits 1984 and relax in the knowledge music were crap.

donsimon
    Free Member

How would the description in an advert ever be irrelevant? *continues to amaze me*

I wondered how long it would take… 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

behave, Effin’

😀

OK, thanks for that.

You’re more than welcome.

sailingneil
    Free Member

Ahh the beloved STW response, pitchforks at high noon.
    Definitely misdescribed, there really shouldn’t need to be an argument about this just give the man a refund. I have almost brought my whole bike from the classifieds on here, not had a problem yet thankfully. Was kind of under the impression we are all here for the biking not to try and squeeze as much money out of each other as possible.

teasel
    Free Member

Amusing watching some members coming over quite self-important. I mean, do you (and you know who you are) really think that your opinion or ‘judgement’ of someone really matters to anyone but yourself. Get a grip and as some of the others have said, butt-out and mind your own business or give helpful replies instead of the self-sanctimonious crap you’re coming out with.

Hopefully this thread doesn’t descend into a hate fest for people to get all third party righteous and indignant over.

Bit late…

Kevevs
    Free Member

show me the money….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was once offered ten pounds to keep quiet about a dog whattud bitten me, by it’s very upset elderly owner who was extremely distraught that the dog would be put down, leaving him on his own without a companion. It had bin previously bin reported once before for biting someone, and it’s two strikes and out for dogs.

I felt really sorry for the bloke, and he was an old pensioner probbly din’t have much money, so I told him to keep his tenner and keep his dog under better control in future, and we’d forget about it. It was only a little scratch. He was a nice old feller too, I’d sit and chat with him about things after that, even the dog was ok with me. 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Doesn’t surprise me elf.

sc-xc

I felt really sorry for the bloke, and he was an old pensioner probbly din’t have much money, so I told him to keep his tenner and keep his dog under better control in future, and we’d forget about it. It was only a little scratch. He was a nice old feller too, I’d sit and chat with him about things after that, even the dog was ok with me. Then I goosed him.

Doesn’t surprise me elf.

wrecker
    Free Member

Great edit though ! 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Doesn’t surprise me elf.

No I know. that’s just the kind of bloke I am. Too soft, some say.

😳

Ah well.

Burls72
    Free Member

Way off the mark on the description. You should offer a full refund or if the buyer agrees a larger partial refund.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

To be honest i don’t think that they look too bad. The Calipers when fitted will be fine, the scratch by the pivot is the worst and thats not so bad.

As i am always reminded, its all about opinions. If you didn’t ask for actual pics then its not really Realmans fault

donsimon
    Free Member

Could this not just be settled with a bike race?
    As brakes are the issue, might I suggest a race to the top of agreed climb.
    A king of the mountains race, as it were.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yep good condition but not very very very good and as new

Not as. Described for me also !

sugdenr
    Free Member

Seller described the brakes as..

Used, but very very good condition, don’t think they have any marks or real signs of wear on them anywhere

then replies to the thread stating that

I still would describe the brakes as being in very good condition.

Classifieds decription of very very good is standard language for immaculate.
    If you give something a premium description to get a premium price, then had better be.
    Its not a matter of opinion, they are not VVGC. In fact ANY damage whatsoever is not VVGC.

So, lets see how accurate the sellers forum name is REAL MAN UP AND PAY UP

Junkyard
    Free Member

to keep his tenner and keep his dog under better control in future, and we’d forget about it. It was only a little scratch. He was a nice old feller too, I’d sit and chat with him about things after that, even the dog was ok with me.

Could be a child’s face next time7

They are not pish or utter rubbish I dont think anyone thinks that but they are not as described either and the pics in the thread are misleading
    I don think RM has set out to deliberately rip him of or anything like that but some photos would have sorted this without the pitchforks

tazzymtb

good lord, this is like an episode of Jeremy Kyle,but with a slightly more chavvy audience

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

Sorry Tazzy; thattul be me dragging standards down so low…. 😳

SaxonRider

Junkyard – Member

Look pretty much like what i would expect second hand tbh – caliper aside- ie wear and tear /signs of use

they do not look like this

very very good condition, don’t think they have any marks or real signs of wear on them anywhere

Do the right thing RM and sort it

FWIW I like your presence on here but we all make mistakes. How you deal with it is how you will be judged IMHO.

100% what he said.

But in the midst of the silence it seems like RealMan has done a runner.

rOcKeTdOg

I was once offered ten pounds to keep quiet about a dog whattud bitten me

can i pay the dog £10 to do it again?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

+1

terrahawk
    Free Member

+5

donsimon
    Free Member

And risk the passing on of a potentially deadly disease? 😛

Stoner
    Free Member

you can innoculate dogs these days you know.

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyway. Back to the brakes….*

*Obviously if that is ok with Fred…

gaberin
    Free Member

I nearly bought those…
    He should give you a full refund. Good Luck..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Would you accept £10 to be silenced? (classifieds feedback).’ is closed to new replies.