Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Would white rims be too much?
  • timnwild

I want everything on it to be black or white…thinking about white Stans Flow, black spokes and white hubs maybe…

As for the veg patch, the celery’s doing nicely but I’m concerned about the onions. Hoses too long, lawn needs edging etc. But don’t diss the gravel – my wife loves the gravel.

timnwild

Pic

steeveydoesit
    Free Member

Just having the back in white would balance quite nicely with the white forks. I’ve just bought some white bars and white elixirs of the classifieds. White is the new black!

honourablegeorge

You’ve already crossed the “too much” line, IMO

alfabus
    Free Member

you need a bigger frame

JEngledow
    Free Member

honourablegeorge +1

slowjo
    Free Member

no more white pleeeeeease!

jameso

Yes, white rims and hubs would be too far imo. The thing about ‘themes’ is knowing how little colour has the desired effect – going too far is easy )

White was ‘the new black’ in 2009-10, looks a bit tired to me now.

prezet
    Free Member

honourablegeorge +2

steeveydoesit
    Free Member

Don’t listen to these people. Ride it in a white boliersuit once you’ve finished 🙂

cnud
    Free Member

Do I see “MBUK” on your bike *faints*

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Judge for yourself 😀

fasthaggis

chakaping
    Free Member

Rims would be OK but lose the awful white bars.

And the amberwall tyres.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That much white only has one use

http://ghostbikes.org/

reedspeed
    Free Member

timnwild,where dya get them little front mudguards from please ??.

Ignore this lot btw,its ure bike,do what ya want..bitches.. 😉

timnwild

Hey, the MBUK chainguard was free. And my last free one was worn out 😉

The seat’s actually a bit high there, I’m not quite that tall. But it does look high, doesn’t it? It’s the largest Soul frame – I’m 6′ 1″. Other than a 29er, what else can i do?

And I’m never going all black, so I think white rims is the way.

atlaz
    Free Member

The bars definitely don’t do it for me either. Sorry.

timnwild

Oh, and Reedspeed – I got it from here:

xhttp://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Mucky-Nutz-Bender-Fender-21-Mudguard—Black

Someone else on here, forgive me but I’ve forgotten who, recommended it as a great way to protect the forks, and so far, it’s worked a treat – two muddy rides and they’ve only needed a bit of a wipe.

ta

reedspeed
    Free Member

Thx ! 😉

rocketman
    Free Member

omg my eyes 😯

(imo)

honourablegeorge

I think that Evil looks pretty good, just don’t think all the white Suits that Soul, especially not a black one.

Clobber
    Free Member

I had a black frame with white forks and it looked fantastic with a front white flow rim and black hope hub.

Wheel for sale if interested, my email is in my profile

fathomer

honourablegeorge – Member
    I think that Evil looks pretty good, just don’t think all the white Suits that Soul, especially not a black one.

Totally agree!

timnwild

I love it – the blingier it gets, the more I love it. I’d put whitewalls on it if I could, but the Charge amberwalls will do.

And I’m not fussed about people saying they don’t like it – I asked, after all.

I bought it as a complete build off here about 3 years ago, and I’ve been slowly making it mine since then – and the more flashy it gets, the more it makes me grin and want to ride it.

I think I’ve channelling my 10-year-old BMXer self….from when BMX looked like this:
    80s BMX

chiefgrooveguru

Well it’s certainly unique – look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Big Dog!

JEngledow
    Free Member

honourablegeorge +1 (again – I’m starting to feel a little stalkerish 😳 )

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not too much, just badly thought out. I usualy try and get the colours to alternate so….

gold bar ends, black grips, gold bars, silver stem, gold spacers, silver frame, gold anodised bits on frame, silver seatpost, gold BB, silver cranks, gold pedals, silver brakes, gold hubs, silver spokes (white rims, fail, but they were 1/4 the cost of gold and had better reviews, will have to match the saddle now).

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Gold AND Silver??? please, don’t upload a picture.

timnwild

It’s important to get this stuff just right, then use the bike for activity that makes you forget all about what the hell it looks like before you cover it in mud.

🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

gold bar ends, black grips, gold bars, silver stem, gold spacers, silver frame, gold anodised bits on frame, silver seatpost, gold BB, silver cranks, gold pedals, silver brakes, gold hubs, silver spokes (white rims, fail, but they were 1/4 the cost of gold and had better reviews, will have to match the saddle now).

What colour are the tassles on the bar ends?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Gold AND Silver??? please, don’t upload a picture.

Haha, it actualy looks really good, works becasue pretty much anythign you buy ‘gold’ comes with silver logos, and anythign you buy silver comes with black logos, just can’t afford new fox forks to finish it so they’re letting the side down. Borrowed inspiration from an On-One Tinbred with campag cranks that was stollen from a member on here a few years ago.

chiefgrooveguru

But for how long will the grips and saddle stay white?

timnwild

Saddle is OK, washes back to white no problem. But you’re right about the grips – they’ve been a pale brown since they were a week old.

xc-steve
    Free Member

My big top looks ok with white rims… well I think it does:

But then I don’t have white bars…

timnwild

What are those cranks there mate?

xc-steve
    Free Member

🙂 White Raceface Dues cranks

continuity
    Free Member

Alfabus +1

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sorry but I think the Soul looks horrible.

Its the terrible stem with all the spacers and the high rise bar that ruin it for me. If it had a better looking stem without all those spacers and some low rise bars it would be fine.

I accept you may need the above for the bike to feel comfortable when you ride it but it looks bloody awful.

The exposure/flash settings on your camera don’t help with the whiteness either. Take the pic again but with the flash off it wont look quite so overwhelming as it does now with the glowing forks.

therag
    Free Member

http://pbckt.com/pf.uDfo6b

Not to everyone’s taste, but I like it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Would white rims be too much?’ is closed to new replies.