Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Would some kind soul be able to create this diagram and achieve global fame?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Dobbo for Prime Minister Global Ruler 😀 (with Mrs Toast as left hand lady, obviously).

Dobbo

😳

simonralli2
    Free Member

A little bump so that the evening crowd can enjoy the great artistic talents of STW!

Cougar

Well,

I’ve read the entire thread and I’m damned if I know what Excel has to do with anything?

mamadirt
    Free Member

I don’t think any publisher will want this graph with a silhouette of that chap on his mountain bike with Mrs Flash added basket, rainbow and stars.

It was Mrs Toast (although I’m sure she’s too polite to correct you 😉 )
    Really sorry, but I have nothing positive to add to the thread but Dobbo . . . that’s class 😆 😆

DavidB
    Free Member

Simon. I can do it in Illustrator..why do you need Excel? Is it to show the data?

donsimon
    Free Member

Excellent work Dobbo. The bar has now been raised. I was working on something like DezB’s, but failed.
    Anyone got tips for getting Tippex off the screen? 😳

simonralli2
    Free Member

David

Hi – I didn’t need it in Excel – I was assuming that you used some kind of equation to draw the graph. I am not a graphics person so have no idea how you create these things!

For some of the ones I have done, I have created them on Keynote. I have to say though, for all this talk about Macs being good for creative people, the amount of art on there is dire. I always need to use curved arrows, and none seem to exist at all! Useless!

Oh and apologies to Mrs Toast. That original thread was a long time ago!

molgrips
    Free Member

I do not have the equations that generated this.

It didn’t come from an equation. If you think they were modelling real world trajectories with algebra and plotting them on graphs before Gallileo then you need a maths history lesson 🙂

EDIT: I haven’t looked this up so am ready prepared with a hanky to wipe the possible egg from my face.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Sorry – I meant the equations that generated the diagram : )

deepreddave
    Free Member

I’m still laughing at damo’s – can’t believe that wasn’t ideal!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Don’t use jpeg use SVG or post script.

mogrim

Sorry – I meant the equations that generated the diagram : )

I think that’s the point, there aren’t any equations which generate the diagram. Well, there probably are, but they’re a lot more complicated than the reality the original artists/draughtsmen wanted to model.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Have a look if you can find some suitble curves to aproximate the curve in here

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=PSdWuoORYhEC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

This book is avaible online in pdf form too somewhere.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I like the liquid paper one, proper sketchy. Looks like our rota at work.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Would some kind soul be able to create this diagram and achieve global fame?’ is closed to new replies.