Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Would Rolf Dolomite Disc wheels be retro yet?
  • MrTall
    Free Member

As i’ve moved to a 29er i’ve sold or am selling most of my older 26″ bike.
    I’m left now with the wheels and brakes (hope mono m4 & hayes hfx). I have no idea of the value of the wheels at all but was wondering if it was worth putting them over on Retrobike rather than here?

So is 2001 retro yet or does it have to be pre 2000? Is there a retro rule??

Any ideas on what a fair price would be? Not looking to make a fortune, it’s just that when i’ve googled the wheels there are still some swapping around in the states for well over £120 which surprised me. Cheers.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Are disc specific wheel retro yet? Cripes…

(feels very, very old suddenly)

righty
    Free Member

why would you be surprised? they are a good looking fairly lightweight and reasonably rare set of wheels. I would consider £120 a bargain.I bought mine about 4 years ago and they are sill going strong with no maintenance just like my kings :mrgreen:

michaelbowden

How much are you looking for the Mono M4’s?

MrTall
    Free Member

Righty, well that’s what i was starting to think as they’ve been brilliant wheels which i think look great. I’ve had to replace the odd freehub (which was cheap) but they’ve handled everything i’ve chucked at them with ease. I’d keep them but i haven’t got another bike that would do them justice and they obviously can’t go onto the 29er. Before i starting researching them i nearly put them up for £40-£50 which i think was maybe a tad low!
    So you think £120 is reasonable then? Or more? On here or retrobike (if they are retro of course)?

Michael, it’s not a set of M4’s just the front one with a 180mm rotor. I have not looked into pricing it up yet as i’ve been selling things a few at a time. Don’t know the going price for these at the moment? Any ideas or are you after a pair only?

righty
    Free Member

they are a classic set of wheels, dont really think they are retro.I’m sure if you post with pics and they are in reasonable nic you will have no probs getting £120. :mrgreen:

michaelbowden

Hi I would take just a front. How old is it, can you do pictures?

MrTall
    Free Member

Righty. Thanks for your imput. It’s appreciated. 🙂

Mike, if you let me have an email addy i’ll send you some pics this evening.

michaelbowden

Hi

160173 AT gmail DOT com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Would Rolf Dolomite Disc wheels be retro yet?’ is closed to new replies.