Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Would front brake light on cars make roads safer?
  • MrPottatoHead

Probably a good reason why it’s a bad idea, but wouldn’t it be great if you can see whether oncoming vehicles are braking or not e.g. at roundabouts and junctions.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Can’t see what benefit there would be from having brake lights on the front of a car but could see lots of confusion with brake lights coming on front and rear.
    Any reason you think this would be safer?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’ve often though brake lights for bikes would be a good idea

Rubber_Buccaneer

Would the roads be safer if vehicles didn’t have brake lights or indicators? Drivers would have to pay attention to what was happening rather than rely on various lights

perchypanther
    Free Member

What about a loudspeaker on the front that, when the brake pedal is applied, blasts out “WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

globalti
    Free Member

It wouldn’t work in some countries…

footflaps

I’ve often though brake lights for bikes would be a good idea

Becoming more common, my Lupine rear light has one built in.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No.

Because you should be able to tell if someone’s stopping by the fact that they’re approaching a give way/stop line.

They’d just be like indicators, they’d not work on BMW’s and Audi’s.

Becoming more common, my Lupine rear light has one built in.

Cool idea, but £80 for a rear light!

spawnofyorkshire

Would the roads be safer if vehicles didn’t have brake lights or indicators? Drivers would have to pay attention to what was happening rather than rely on various lights

Have a drive around bradford and you can see that theory being put to practice

MrPottatoHead

Guess I’m just wondering if it would take out some unpredictability from some drivers behaviour, which shouldn’t be the solution I’d agree. Maybe I just don’t have much trust in drivers anymore.

footflaps

Cool idea, but £80 for a rear light!

It is the brightest and most reliable rear light I’ve ever owned. Worth every penny IMO.

thomthumb
    Free Member

people would use it backwards though “you could see i wasn’t braking”.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Best thing about my b+m toplight rear light

When I slow down or break it detects the dynamo slowing and gets brighter to show I’m slowing down.

Do cars pay any attention. Do they ****.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Brake lights should be variable, super effin bright when someone emergency brakes.

I patented this decades ago when I first thought of it. I wish.

footflaps

Brake lights should be variable, super effin bright when someone emergency brakes.

Been done, some cars flash the hazards automatically if you brake really hard.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Would front brake light on cars make roads safer?’ is closed to new replies.