Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Would appreciate opinions on this Gemini light.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=273919&productId=920689&storeId=10001

Gemini 1800 lumen. £136 at Halfords. I’m pondering getting a new light using cycle2work. Ours is run by Halfords, and while I know I can use my LBS, I can take advantage of sale prices if I buy from Halfords.

So a) is this light any good, and b) is it any good for the £75-90 it would cost me through C2W?

Cheers

thegreatape
    Free Member

The Gemini website mentions the Olympia being 2100 lumen, while the i-ride (distributor) site mentions both lumen values for the same product!

Not sure if it’s a current or discontinued product?

thegreatape
    Free Member

And on Evans it’s described as 1800 or 2100 depending on whether it’s the 4 or 6 cell options?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Here’s another option http://www.halfords.com/cycling/accessories/lights-reflectors/niterider-pro-1200-rechargeable-front-light

That any good? Quality of nitrider vs Gemini?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Last attempt at bumping this, although unlike the other 3 it’s not thinly disguised as a further question 🙂

cvilla

I have got one and it’s great, OK so a bit more than cheap import, but solid, so at your discounted rate sounds good.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Thegreatape, my mate Craig at sprockets cycles in Kilmarnock knocks these out for £50 and takes halfords vouchers IIRC, or at least he used to. Cracking wee lights, you could get one for the lid, one for the bars and still have change for some of the lovely madison shorts he has too!.

Greg.

One23

About 7 or 8 of the lads that go out on sprockets rides have them, and they are well rated. About as bright as my lumenator too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks cvilla. Any ideas on the various versions (or not), although I suspect if anything it’s just gradual improvements?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nobeer cheers, that is quite tempting for £100. I’ll check re the vouchers. Thanks.

welshfarmer

I have a Gemini Duo and think it is fantastic, both for quality of build and quality of light. I have numerous “cheaper” lights and they are all poor performers in comparison.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks welshfarmer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Would appreciate opinions on this Gemini light.’ is closed to new replies.