Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • would a reba for be stronger than this sid fork?
  • sefton
    Free Member

I have this sid fork on my wife’s bike (that she doesn’t ride).

I have a 120 reba team uturn fork on my turner flux.

Been thinking of selling the UTurn and putting the Sid on my flux.

I’m 10st 10 and a girl on the descents so its not going to get any hardcore abuse.

Question….Will the Sid be upto the job? or is it a race fork through and through?

my other idea was to swap the 120 Uturn for a 100mm Reba.
    being a tart…I want a black fork and I can live with only 100mm

sputnik
    Free Member

Sounds fine for your needs.

sefton
    Free Member

what is the difference between the sid and reba?

is he dampening the same? just the crown more beefy on he reba?

sputnik
    Free Member

Sefton, do a search or hang on for a bit till someone arrives with more knowledge than me.
    Njee20 has explained the differences pretty well in the past.
    As far as I can remember weight savings are also achieved by the bottom part of the lowers being hollow on the SIDs so needing less fluid in there.
    Dampening would be the same if they are similar models, like a Team and a Team, where a Race and a Team might be different.
    If you look underneath the forks by the drop outs you will see what I mean by “hollow”.
    The Reba has ‘power bulges” half way up the lowers for more strength , don’t think the SIDs have.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

The Sid should be fine – I’ve ridden mine all over (including racing it down the Gap Descent in Brecon for last years Bearded Man event). I also rode it on the BC Bike Race. It’s lot stronger than people think. Just don’t expect it to behave like anything other than what it is, a light XC fork. Its certainly not got Twiglets for fork legs though..

mtbfix

Do it and sell me the Rebas for much cheapness.

sefton
    Free Member

was thinking £170 but i’d get done on postage!

D0NK

what length steerer?

sefton
    Free Member

195mm regular steerer

9mm qr

D0NK

I’m interested (and local), will check whether that’s long enough tonight, u-turn air I assume, what year and model? race/team/whatever

sefton
    Free Member

I bought it from Merlin a over a year ago. I think its the team.

its in perfect condition…only around 3 rides tbh (I turned roadie)

I dont really ride my mtb…but I’m worried if I sell I’ll regret only having the sids if I go upto the Lakes.

stu1972
    Free Member

Put it this way, when I was over 14st I ran SID XX world cups on a HT then my Flux and they seemed plenty stiff to me. Im now running Reba 120’s on my Flux and cant distinguish any difference in stiffness.

Sids do have powerbulges in them post 2009 iirc

If my XX World Cups were 120mm I would never have went to reba.

jairaj

The recent SID and Reba share the same lowers but the SID gets lighter crown and better internals, SID can have the RCT3 and dual flow rebound while Reba only goes up to RTL damper.

The Reba is basically a older SID. The current Reba are very similar to my 2010 SIDs.

I am 95kg and have a 2010 SID with QR drop outs and have given it beans while descending and its fine. It only feels a a bit flexy when you compare it with forks designed to take bigger hits. For the job its designed for; XC and trial use, its totally fine.

sefton
    Free Member

the sid I have is around 2010 maybe slightly earlier

D0NK

Only just got round to checking, too short for me I’m afraid

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘would a reba for be stronger than this sid fork?’ is closed to new replies.