Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • wot decking and fence power sprayer?
  • sadexpunk

as you may or may not know from my other thread, im building a big gazebo/shed/decking type area. this has a LOT of wood that will need treating. we also have another decking area, plus fence panels, plus a picket fence, and i cant realistically expect us to keep on top of looking after it all with a paint brush.

so…. im thinking a good investment would be a power sprayer that will deal with any treatment we have to buy. non-slip decking coating, fence panel protection, cuprinol type stuff, of i would imagine, varying thicknesses.

anyone got any recommendations for something that will make the job a lot less painful? dont want to buy cheap buy twice, i want something that will deal with the lot, wont get clogged up, wont break, will deal with any covering easily.

thanks

granny_ring

One like this
    it is time consuming but for the shed I reckon it would be better as you can work the paint in better. Sorry! 🙂

sadexpunk

i do not like that answer. hopefully there will be more acceptable answers along shortly 😉

granny_ring

I did with mine with some barn paint it did take a while but hey ho.

granny_ring

Then with some decking and wood storage.

jamesy01
    Free Member

I’ve used an Aldi hand pressured one and a Ronseal power one.
    Both were equally as awful as the other and resulted in having to wash large amounts of over spray off the white gravel before it dried.
    granny_rings brush is the answer IMO.

sadexpunk

booooo, ah well, have to try and bribe the kids 😀

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

I bought a cheap ‘energer’ branded sprayer from screwfix. It seemed to be good for me. Only problem was that the bottle it comes with is quite small.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve got a Wagner wallperfect w665. It will only works with a certain viscosity of paint (you can get different paint heads for different viscosity though). I’ve used it for this:

And this:

Works fine with ducksback paint, which is fairly thick. Compared to using a paintbrush it’s a joy, but works best where you don’t have lots to mask.

granny_ring

THIS is the stuff I used, not cheap but good. Can be sprayed to by the looks of it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘wot decking and fence power sprayer?’ is closed to new replies.