Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • wot 29er wheels?
  • sadexpunk

in the process of sorting a build for a singular swift.

at the mo my options are either hope pro2 hubs or white ind. and im leaning towards the whites, cos i quite fancy the chainset too. altho the bb comes in at quite a price :-/

im wanting silver rather than black, and i think the shop only has mavic TN719 rims which im told are black.

are there any other options open to me? or are all 29er rims black?

as you can see, i know nowt about this 29er lark yet 🙂

cheers

ton

kris holm rims are silver on the sidewalls.
    alesa sputnick are silver too.

sadexpunk

got to admit ive never heard of either, ton :-/

are they easily available to any shop to build up? and are they better/worse quality/price than the mavics?

ta 🙂

sadexpunk

sorry, should just say id like em to be pretty light too 🙂

ton

skip on my choice mate…….. 😉

ilikebikes
    Free Member

I have just ordered some sun ringe rims off crc they are quite light and reduced to £36 each, but they are not silver. you can get ZTR Flows in white, even lighter.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

silver salsa delgado disc look pukka…….

sadexpunk

ill look into them ta trev 🙂

sadexpunk

hmmmm………..update is……

the build from the shop includes quotes for different types of wheels. hope pro2s, white inds, etc. but theyre all coming out at about £400 inc tyres!!!

surely this is a bit overkill for a set of hoops? thing is, im pretty sure i could find a set elsewhere for a good deal cheaper (or am i behind the times), but then id be losing the discount from cyclescheme which would make me no better off.

i realise that really good wheels can cost the earth, but ive only ever paid £150ish tops for half decent 26″ wheels. am i going to have to bite the bullet here to go 29er?

it was suggested to me to get the expensive ones, then sell em on after and just buy cheaper ones elsewhere. thats an option i spose, but id rather just get sorted in a one-er.

cheers

ton

spa cyles harrogate will do you a good set for half that price.

sadexpunk

a decent quality set thats light too dood? do you know what hubs/rims theyd be?

thanks 🙂

sadexpunk

thanks 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘wot 29er wheels?’ is closed to new replies.