Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Worth a visit to A&E
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Basically slipped on wet floor yesterday and crashed into the wall hand first and bent my finger sideways. Felt a crack so initial thought dislocated, but it looked ok. Two hours later it’s swollen massively but no bruising. Can bend it downwards but not straighten it fully.

Massive pain lifting glass of water or anything else, pain around second knuckle area and swelling between seci and third knuckle.

Trip to A&E this morning or wait till I see Gp this evening?

bruneep

A&E, GP will probably advise a trip to get it xrayed.

jam-bo

Minor injuries unit? We have one here that is rarely very busy but not open 24hrs

hora
    Free Member

Ring minor aak how busy they currently are. Mine was a 20min wait.

Personally if you arent in bad pain I would splint and wrap it. Take Ibuprophen.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Only local minor injuries unit is Blackburn. Last time I went to their A&E they diagnosed me with a sprained knee and I had a fracture fibula and meniscus tear.

acer2012
    Free Member

Id get it properly treated as soon as possible if I were you. I once hurt my finger playing rugby and it didn’t feel so bad so I went climbing on it that evening. I only got it checked six months later when it kooked a bit lumpy. Turns out id broken it. Luckily for me I’m not bothered about it looking ever so slightly odd and I’ve still got a few range of moment. Would have been a right pain if it’d been left with a gammy finger though!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Minor injuries or A&E if not one near by.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I’ll head to minor injuries. Took some of the co codamol from when I had knee op, still hurts.

Cougar

Only local minor injuries unit is Blackburn.

Accy Vic?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Theres Accy vic but, no idea where it s. Its a toss up betwee Royal preston or Blackburn

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It’s broke!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Pics!

wwaswas

It’s broke!

Sure it’s not just another shoddy misdiagnosis?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Nope surprisingly. It’s none displaced which is a bonus. Showed me the x ray this time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Worth a visit to A&E’ is closed to new replies.