Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • worth a punt?
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member
    Teetosugars
    Free Member

Pretty basic spec??

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i thought the same, i live in Austria so i mainly do faster steeper bits so i need a freeride/dh bike… any ideas then? need a fork about 180mm

nick

meehaja
    Free Member

need 180mm? really? If you just want, then fair enough, but need? Personally, i'm moving towards lower travel. Loving the Kona Bass at the moment. If you're only going down then SS for ease of maintenance 4inch front and back and its shiny (oh so shiny). But thats just me.

Or get an Orange.

baldSpot
    Free Member

bottom bracket area looks a tad "busy". For 1800 sobs i would want something more aesthetically pleasing.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

What about this???

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-santa-cruz-heckler-frame-fox-36-forks-mavic-wheelset-with-20mm-hub-pics

You could by a full SLX groupset from Merlin to bung on it??

Ok, so it's Only 160mm of bounce…..

jam-bo
    steveh

I just paid 1800 for a used trek session 88 bike with full saint, deemax wheels, fox 40's etc in mint condition with very little use. I'd go second hand all the way.

ianv
    Free Member

You can pick up brand new 09 stinky deluxes for around 1800. Otherwise I saw a sunday with totems for about 2000 somewhere.

I hear that the pinnr is an allright bike but there are better deals around.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘worth a punt?’ is closed to new replies.